FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By Hodric
killerplants4realz wrote:I could fall asleep at night easy with that tank:) Great job Hodric!!
That's why I keep this aquarium in my bedroom, right in front of my bed. The con is that the light is so bright that it isn't very easy to fall asleep looking at it. LOL
By Hodric
Well, thanks to katya_dog1, I managed to change the title of this topic. That being said, here is one my other aquariums:

Those plants are supposed to grow as high as possible. My intention is to hide the back of the aquarium.

Hope you like it.
Hodric liked this
By yellowjacket7
Send us more pictures when the plants grow in. I really love your aquariums!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By katya_dog1
That second tank looks great already!
By SEWinans
I swear I posted this earlier but I don't see it now...

Your tanks are beautiful and I would definitely appreciate any advice you can offer me. Mine looks terrible in comparison
By Hodric
SEWinans wrote:I swear I posted this earlier but I don't see it now...

Your tanks are beautiful and I would definitely appreciate any advice you can offer me. Mine looks terrible in comparison
Sorry for taking so long. I thought I had already answered you. I doubt I have the expertise you're looking for, I'm keeping aquariums for only nine years, but feel free to contact me any way you can. Image Send me a message so I can share my e-mail or WhatsApp with you. ImageImage
Last edited by Hodric on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hodric
Hi, guys.

Just a quick update of one of my aquariums. Trimming my plants was not enough: I had to reposition them. This way they will not shade the small ones and will grow more compact.

Hope you like it:

ImageImageImageImage
Hodric liked this
By katya_dog1
I am ever in awe of these aquariums, hodric. I love freshwater, natural, planted aquariums and yours emulate exactly what I'd want.

I need to get back into aquariums.....
By Hodric
katya_dog1 wrote:I am ever in awe of these aquariums, hodric. I love freshwater, natural, planted aquariums and yours emulate exactly what I'd want.

I need to get back into aquariums.....
Thanks a lot! What are you waiting to get back?
By Grey
These are two beautiful aquariums, thank you so much for the photo updates, Hodric! I love watching the plants fill in. Planted aquariums are by far my favourite choice for them. I recently got back into aquariums myself, and have fallen in love with live plants all over again. :D What plant species are you keeping in there?
By senti
Fantastic pics ...I do so miss my tanks ..one day I will return to my tropical fish
By Hodric
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:Wow! That's a very nice aquarium! Just wondering, do your fish not eat the ghost shrimp?
Some of them used to get a little curious and try to bite the shrimp in the beginning, but the shrimp wouldn't fit their mouths even if they wanted.

My shrimp ended up dying probably because of my fertilizer. :(

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!