FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By mrbengly
Ok first of all I got scammed on eBay buying vft seeds I read this other post that those 40x 99 cent seeds were fake but I bought them anyways.... They were only 3 bucks for 4 packages but they were Gypsophila elegans some white flowering plant here are some sad pics...
Attachments:
Fake seeds...
Fake seeds...
image.jpg (476.57 KiB) Viewed 4437 times
Yay Venus flytrap seeds!
Yay Venus flytrap seeds!
image.jpg (467.74 KiB) Viewed 4437 times
By vft_nooB
Yep same as the other post. Did u knew what it was going to happen or u wanted to buy them at ebay?
By vft_nooB
ps3isawesome wrote:i guess thank you for once confirming this ongoing scam?
IT IS, some one was warnung buyers about this scam
By mrbengly
vft_nooB wrote:Yep same as the other post. Did u knew what it was going to happen or u wanted to buy them at ebay?
No i bought it then read the scam post.
By xr280xr
That sucks. Thanks for spreading the word. Funny it says FLOWER seeds on the package in English but carnivorous plants in Chinese. Don't forget to leave the seller negative feedback.
IHaveNoIdea wrote:Well now you know you should do your research first. Anyway, it was obvious scam :mrgreen:
Real nice...
By IHaveNoIdea
xr280xr: Anything wrong with my post? It just was and obvious scam and that is a fact. Should we blame the goverment? No, I don't think so.
By xr280xr
IHaveNoIdea wrote:It just was and obvious scam and that is a fact.
Obviousness is relative and subjective. It can't be a fact. It is obvious to you is the fact.
IHaveNoIdea wrote:xr280xr: Anything wrong with my post?
I felt your choice of words was condescending and nonconstructive. You rubbed the mistake in his/her face. I don't know how you've decided it was an obvious scam. I guess you saw the ebay listing yourself? Regardless, it must not have been obvious to mrbengly or he/she wouldn't have been scammed by it. That's why I implied your post was not nice...obviously.
By SFLguy
IHaveNoIdea wrote:Well now you know you should do your research first. Anyway, it was obvious scam :mrgreen:
I agree with xr280xr, there's no need to be rude about it...
By Grey
I am sorry that you encountered this, mrbengly, it is indeed an ongoing, mis-sold item. While I am glad you are now aware of it, I do apologise that you have lost money to it. Unfortunately these things are not always easy to detect, especially if you are unaware prior to purchase that there have been issues before. Thank you for being open about what happened and helping to spread the word, I also apologise for not responding to this topic sooner.

I think the best thing we can try to do now is support one another and have a go at spreading the word constructively, keeping in mind the feelings of those who have been caught out, as when you are subject to a scam it can leave you feeling pretty rubbishy. (Been there.) Leaving negative feedback for the sale may help stop others encountering the same problem, but regrettably we may not be able to inform everyone.

see here http://pinguicula.org/pages/plantes/pingu[…]

look here, good idea for ping culture http://pingu[…]

Hello My New Friends!

Hiểu về bồn cầu treo tường? Tìm hiểu về đặ[…]

What the f-

I think it was a result of pesticides and / or the[…]

Oxygen Rot/Eating Itself

You won’t be able to save the trap, but the […]

May 2024 Photo Contest - In the Bog

An assortment of sundews.

Noob with questions

this is the best 10min video for new grows i have […]

Your flytrap will be fine. Continue to give proper[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!