FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
I'm so sorry you had a negative experience like that! I sincerely hope you are able to get your money back.
Matt wrote:Just wondering...does anyone know what happened to the original thread where these plants were listed for sale? I know the user deleted their profile just yesterday, but I'm not sure why. Perhaps another moderator already deleted the thread.
That was me, Matt; I didn't want anyone else finding themselves in a pickle due to this. I also had not realized he'd actually removed his account; I thought another moderator may have banned him due to the message I was receiving upon trying to contact him so I thought it'd be best to just remove the topic entirely.
Grey, Grey liked this
By tish
Sbrooks, sorry about your loses. That Guy's really nasty. But to think he even bother to send u some plants!?

Anyway i too had been taking a risk or 2. I'm always prepared for losses but i know I'll be very ****** if someone cheated on me.

Fingered from my Galaxy Nexus
By Idontkno23
It almost looks like he took the money, went to lowes and bought some death cube traps and mailed those out.

It just goes to show that there are always going to be a few rotten apples in every community.
By sbrooks
So I still haven't heard back from PayPal; they were supposed to contact me at some point. Meanwhile, they sent what was probably an automated email saying that I need to supply a tracking number by June 19th or the case would be closed. I have avoided calling them because, no offense to those who speak more than one language, but I'm not good with accents over the phone, so I do everything I can to avoid talking to reps from PayPal, EBay, etc. I guess I will have to call them and ask why I would just blindly send the plants back to this guy without any assurance of getting my money back. Meanwhile, I keep hoping that these plants develop enough that I can determine what they are. At this point, I'm willing to keep them if they are the real deal. Here's the latest pictures.
All Three:
alleged "ANGEL WINGS"
Notice some sort of raised ridge at the top sides of the leaf. I haven't noticed that before with Angel Wings, nor am I sure what cultivar might have that:
alleged "MOON TRAPS" -----Again some sort of ridge along the rim of the top of the leaf; not sure if that's consistent with the variety......
alleged "JAWS SMILEY":
So, what do you think? I welcome all comments, especially from the seller. :?
By sbrooks
The latest photos of my purchase. I'd have to say I am gaining confidence that all three of these plants are what they were supposed to be. The Jaws Smiley is recovering from the brink of demise, and is tough to identify, but from what it looked like in the past, it seems to be for real as well:
Angel Wings:
Moon Traps:
ImageImage
Jaws Smiley:
I'd have to say that despite the way the seller went about this transaction, I am pleased with what I have at this point. Thanks to those who have offered advise/support/opinions on this matter.
By dyCSUS
Glad to hear that there is sort of a happy ending :)
dyCSUS liked this
By sbrooks
Sander wrote:Congrats!
At least they are what he said they would be, how did things work out with paypal?
They never contacted me directly. Every once in a while they would send an automated email saying that I haven't given them any tracking info on the items I am returning. They never acknowledged receiving more than my initial complaint. Nor did they ever state that returning the items meant that I would have received my money back. I sent them many emails explaining my side of things, with a case reference number included, but apparently that was not the official way that I was supposed to do it; the email also stated that they never received a response from me after the seller's initial response; not true; all my responses got filed away in a separate department and never made it to whoever was in charge of the case. I should have called them, but as time went on, I was still interested in having these clones if they were legit, and not very interested in wresting with the tangled web of PayPal bureaucracy. I hate recorded phone prompts/sitting on hold/interpreting broken English over the phone about as much as I hate getting ripped off; so I took my chances, lost my money and got my Euro-clones after all. :|
By Matt
Looks like everything is OK after all. Those definitely appear to be the right clones. Too bad they didn't arrive in good enough shape to be able to identify them in the first place.
Matt liked this
Rain

A little kids' wading pool works well, too. It has[…]

Sundew in forest

Bugs are the foundation of the ecosystem. Killin[…]

S. purpurea?

Looks like a hybrid to me, purpurea crossed with f[…]

Okay, thanks for the tip. I don't want to fully re[…]

Someone was asking, how do the gemmae themselves l[…]

Always nice when pings earn their keep. :lol: Ni[…]

Finally

Those are beautiful! I’m wondering what kind[…]

Suggestion about plants

Thanks for the info. I dont get them from Greece, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!