FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By altemar
i went to check on my plants and behold a baby praying mantis was protecting my vft i feel like he will most likely be eaten by one of my plants, Should i remove it from my plants or let nature have its way :?:
By tish
They mantis are carnivorous just like the vft. They won't harm but will eat up the bugs before your trap . its interesting to see mantis eat bugs. Like a guy holding a chicken and eating piece by piece :grin:

Fingered from my Galaxy Nexus
By xr280xr
I woul move it to other plants if it were me. I'd consider it lucky to find a helpful predator that can eat aphids and other pests.
By altemar
Yea its still alive and went crazy when i tried moving it to a "safe place" so i will just let it stay there if it likes it so much. i got a picture that i will upload tomorrow around 5
By Greenthumbs Garden
Yes baby mantis' are great for eating small bugs like aphids, I'm a huge Praying Mantis fan so I would have to vote for saving it from the clutches of your death plants, lol
By altemar
yea lol it was too late for that one, i did find another one so i saved that one and kept it as a pet for few days, during which it molted. I decided to set it free because it almost drown on some water i sprayed lol. I took it out of his little house i had it in, and set it free on my miniature roses. :D
By Snap Traps
My security guards are a group of highly trained baby spiders :P . Not sure whether they can eat aphids or not though :| .
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!