FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By pieguy452
Thanks! It's a 10x12 harbor fright polycarbonate greenhouse; it's great and doesn't cost too much for a greenhouse. You do have to make some modifications to improve it's strength, but it's definitely worth it.
pieguy452 liked this
By Ambanja
very nice Ramispina & I love all your red VFTs!
Ambanja liked this
By weaver
pieguy452 wrote:Thanks! It's a 10x12 harbor fright polycarbonate greenhouse; it's great and doesn't cost too much for a greenhouse. You do have to make some modifications to improve it's strength, but it's definitely worth it.
What way do you have it facing (from looking out the entrance/door point of view)...or does that not really matter? Also do you have it by anything that shades it for part of the day or does it receive full sun for the whole/most of the day? Sorry for all the questions! :lol:
weaver liked this
By Isabelle
Great setup and collection! So happy I got Maroon Monster!
Isabelle liked this
By pieguy452
weaver wrote:
pieguy452 wrote:Thanks! It's a 10x12 harbor fright polycarbonate greenhouse; it's great and doesn't cost too much for a greenhouse. You do have to make some modifications to improve it's strength, but it's definitely worth it.
What way do you have it facing (from looking out the entrance/door point of view)...or does that not really matter? Also do you have it by anything that shades it for part of the day or does it receive full sun for the whole/most of the day? Sorry for all the questions! :lol:
From the entrance point of view, the door faces east. I did this so I could have one of the 12 foot walls facing north; that way I could place more insulation on the north wall. The greenhouse does get full sun for most of the year, although my garage will shade the greenhouse for part of the day during the time of year when the sun is lowest in the sky (December-January). That's the drawback to the location of the greenhouse, but the benefit of that location is it receives the most sunlight of any other spot in my backyard during the spring, summer, and fall :)
Flower stalk propagation

One of my flytraps (“Connie”) had two […]

I forgot to water my plants!

Everything there looks fine! Plenty of green left.[…]

Trying My Hand With TC

Thanks. I will do that. It was the least expensi[…]

"also I spotted a few spider webs near some o[…]

We'll make this request tentative until reception […]

Venus Flytrap

Follow these requirements and it will be fine. Sun[…]

Venus Flytrap

Looks to me likes its just an old trap dying in t[…]

Do you see what I see?

No harm! If you grow sarracenia you'll see occasio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!