FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By munchie16201
Will this tds meter be good enough for me to test the water i am collecting for my vfts? It is at amazon. Here is a link to it. http://www.amazon.com/Digital-TDS-EZ-Ha ... 59&sr=8-18 copy and paste i guess? If this one is not good enough does anyone have one they will sell me cheap? I ca n pay by paypal. Or are they available at Wal Mart. Please let me know.
Thanks
By Grey
I would imagine that is fine and dandy. As long as it reads PPM and actually works then it'll be adequate for the job - I bought a cheap one off amazon as well and have gotten endless enjoyment out of having a scientific instrument in the house (makes me feel smart). It's also good for checking water PPM... so yes, that's fine.
By Steve_D
munchie16201 wrote:Will this tds meter be good enough for me to test the water i am collecting for my vfts?
Although cheap, the shipping price of that item from that Amazon merchant makes it just as or more expensive than the HM-Digital TDS-EZ meter (which is the one I bought, use, and am satisfied with). But the meter itself will probably work. They are electroconductivity meters, so they don't measure the dissolved solids directly, nor are they salinity meters (they measure (the electrical effect of) all dissolved solids, not just salts), but these meters work well for our purpose as carnivorous plant growers. :)
Steve_D liked this
By Shes Crofty
I bought this one from this same seller, mine works great, and I think it's the same one Steve is even talking about.

http://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-TDS-EZ ... 701&sr=1-1

But yeah.. I don't really trust other sellers on amazon as I've had people cancel orders, only to put it back up for twice the price, received broken pieces of things, bad packaging etc.. so I only buy things from amazon if it's shipped by, sold by, or fulfilled by amazon.
By SEB
I just ordered the one Steve recommended. Its like 20 bucks on Amazon. Thanks Steve for the recommendation!
By SEB
Okay, so I got me TDS meter. it works great!! Simple, cheap and works well. thanks steve!

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!