FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Fishman
Update as of today, apparently this fella wasnt ready to go the way of the succulent just yet. Followed yalls advice on giving it more water and now this thing really looks fantastic! Dont know how or when to tell its ready to make the change, as i was trying to force it by cutting back on the water. Guess it wasnt happy with that just yet....on the other hand, i took 2 carnivorous leaves off and attempted propagation. So far i got a couple strikes it looks like. Pics coming soon.
Heres my rehydrated companion today:
Attachments:
20161209_170912.jpg
20161209_170912.jpg (771.33 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
20161209_170927.jpg
20161209_170927.jpg (821.09 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
By Benurmanii
I've kept my cyclosecta pretty wet during their succulent stage. They will readily go into their winter phase even while the media is wet, so just keep watering it until it decides for itself to go succulent. I do not believe that the "dormancy" of Mexican pings is a necessary metabolic phase, like the true dormancy of cold temperate pings and the rest period of warm temperates.
By Fishman
Benurmanii wrote:I've kept my cyclosecta pretty wet during their succulent stage. They will readily go into their winter phase even while the media is wet, so just keep watering it until it decides for itself to go succulent. I do not believe that the "dormancy" of Mexican pings is a necessary metabolic phase, like the true dormancy of cold temperate pings and the rest period of warm temperates.
Thanks will do! So do these only flower once after turning carnivorous? Or do they do it multiple times during its phase? Im still waiting to see a flower, but i may not get to if it decides to go succulent, making me wait until the next time it shifts over again.
Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

Two issues. The only filiformis var Floridana we h[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!