FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Leah
Hey all,

Flytrap Elf here. :) When I potted these out the other day, Matt and I were so impressed we thought we should post photos of this one. Not sure what can happen past this point, since they are only in adolescence, but they already look pretty sweet.

Here are some photos. (My favorite is the one with the plant chilling on the couch- we tired him out with all the photos, modeling is tough). We had a bit of a photo contest, so if you like a certain photo, feel free to let us know so we can see who won! (he had a macro camera, so it's not really fair, but I tried).

Hope your plants are happy and healthy.
Attachments:
Oh, modeling is so TOUGH.  This guy was all tuckered out, and we caught him chilling on the couch.  Slacker.
Oh, modeling is so TOUGH. This guy was all tuckered out, and we caught him chilling on the couch. Slacker.
fuse_saw_seedling_4.jpg (55.48 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
Macro of one trap.  Pic taken at the grow rack site.
Macro of one trap. Pic taken at the grow rack site.
fuse_saw_seedling_6.jpg (31.12 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
Both plants, back on their current home on the grow rack.  Notice their prime position in the front- Matt's favoring them at the moment. :)
Both plants, back on their current home on the grow rack. Notice their prime position in the front- Matt's favoring them at the moment. :)
fuse_saw_seedling_5.jpg (117.63 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
This is the second plant- more low-lying.  Not sure how it will grow out- could rise taller like the first plant.  Pretty impressive "teeth," right?
This is the second plant- more low-lying. Not sure how it will grow out- could rise taller like the first plant. Pretty impressive "teeth," right?
fuse_saw_seedling_3.jpg (414.45 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
I took pics of two different pots of this plant type- this is the first plant.  When I took it outside for the pic, Matt followed me around because he was so worried about his new little baby. :)
I took pics of two different pots of this plant type- this is the first plant. When I took it outside for the pic, Matt followed me around because he was so worried about his new little baby. :)
fuse_saw_seedling_2.jpg (36.07 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
Pretty cool how the sun is highlighting the red trigger hairs.  This photo was taken outside, in front of the greenhouse.
Pretty cool how the sun is highlighting the red trigger hairs. This photo was taken outside, in front of the greenhouse.
fuse_saw_seedling_1.jpg (47.63 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
By Matt
There are actually two different clones (genetically unique seedlings) there. They're seedlings from a 2010 cross I made (Fused Tooth x Sawtooth). I have perhaps 60 or so more seedlings in vitro with similarly fused cilia. Some of them have more extreme fusing than others and some have shorter cilia and some have longer cilia, but I kept all of the ones showing fusing in vitro. The fusing trait seems to be inherited somewhat easily when Fused Tooth is the mother plant. We'll grow all of them out and watch for one or more that are extraordinary in some way and hopefully different than Fused Tooth or Fuzzy Tooth that we can select out and propagate. If not, they'll be sold in the store as a "Unique Seed-Grown Venus Flytrap!" :)
Matt, Matt, Matt liked this
By chazzbo77
So do I, Dionae. I love them both though. I'm a bit biased, as I love the look a clump of traps has. Great looking plants, Matt/Leah! Just out of curiosity, will they color up a bit, or are they an "all-green" cultivar?
chazzbo77, chazzbo77 liked this
By Matt
chazzbo77 wrote:Just out of curiosity, will they color up a bit, or are they an "all-green" cultivar?
Plants right out of TC rarely have any color to them. Once they're out growing under lights for a few months, they usually color up. And then, of course, once they graduate to the greenhouse they'll get different color and begin their normal seasonal growth patterns.
Matt, Matt liked this
By Daniel_G
Wow! That's brilliant! I don't know how you came up with this cross, but it looks fantastic!
Just to let you know, i like the second, and the last photos best!
Daniel_G liked this
By victor
Amazing!
victor liked this

One day left in our contest, and here are the stan[…]

Big Ol' Traps!

Very nice! Almost makes me want to try a VFT again[…]

Flower stalk propagation

I cut the stocks up into one inch sections.

Order received. Your order number is 1684. I'll PM[…]

Venus Flytrap

New growth is good. It means it is still alive and[…]

Trying My Hand With TC

Yea, it actually has a cover velcroed on it and is[…]

Sarracenia Purpurea care

If the crown is indeed alive, then all you can do […]

I forgot to water my plants!

Everything there looks fine! Plenty of green left.[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!