FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Dragoness
My name is Jen.

New to the forums, kinda new to carnivores. Been keeping them only a couple years, (VFT and Sarracenia purpurea). Needless to say I have been bitten, and am going to try my hand at a few more pitchers (Sarracenia sp.) and some of the assorted Nepenthes, as well as butterworts and sundews. Eventually if I am lucky, and feel ready, I would like to get some Heliamphora going as well, but that's rather long term, since I consider myself a novice at this point. I am also aiming to put in a carnivorous plant garden (bog) in my backyard, showcasing the native species that can be found in my area.

I already keep numerous species of exotic reptile/amphibian/invertebrates, so building enclosures with specific heat/humidity/light requirements is nothing new to me, and I'm pretty sure much of that knowledge can be applied to building suitable terrariums for some of the more finicky species I hope to work with.
By Lovebrug
Hi Jen new here too,
Welcome and anyone who raises reptile/amphibian/invertebrates is way fun in my book !
Do you do dart frogs ? I've always wanted to try.

John
By Dragoness
I don't do dart frogs - yet. Fruit fly cultures still seem like a bit too much work for me, but I'm getting there. Already culture 3 species of cockroach, how hard can fruit flies be?

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae a[…]

VFT nice catch

Ah, that's a crane fly! Also called mosquito hawks[…]

Im not sure if May is open yet, if it is this is m[…]

Would I be allowed to request seeds for both April[…]

I have an indoor grow light setup I'd like to try […]

im not sure as the door isnt on yet (my dads makin[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!