FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
I'm sure many of you know the phrase "when a door closes a window opens".. well, a window has indeed opened! Apparently it also let an invisible ninja bee into my home, too as one of my P. Grandiflora's seed pods burst today and has given me loads of seed! Another of the ovaries looks fantastic and suspiciously swollen too.

I'm so excited! This is the first time I have ever pollinated anything (even though I have no idea how it happened as I hadn't fiddled with the flowers at all) and I just wanted to share the good news :lol:! Ahhh :D Can I store it in the fridge like my store-bought seed? xD
By stitz25b
well done! i hope u get a lot of germination! i think u deserve it :D
yh i think u can store them in a fridge but if possible sow them right away
By dantt99
Awesome! Did the seeds fall into the soil or did you cut the pod off and shake the seeds into a baggie?
You can put them in the fridge for a bit if you like :)
By Grey
Thank you both :D Glad to know I can keep them in the fridge. Just did some extra research and they requrie a cold stratification anyway.

I cut the stalk off and shook it on a folded piece of paper which then made it easier to bag them up. If this other seed pod provides seed I'll happily share it with some of the members on here! I really hope it does as I want to give something back to this community.
By stitz25b
good luck. how long does stratification require?
ill take some when ready as a friend :P
By Grey
8 to 12 weeks =]. That's usually how long any seed I own stays in the fridge anyway :lol:

Oh of course! I'll see how this second pod does over the next couple of days and then post an advertisement for the seed. I'll need to pick up some little baggies for individual deliveries but I will be sure to share some. I'm not sure how many will be in a bag though.
By ReefPlant
It was meant to be~! Good luck with your seeds~!!! Your plants must be happy Grey!
By ReefPlant
Sounds great! Again, good luck and great growing~ If you get viable seed and aren't going to sow all of them, let me know. I'd be more than willing to try and TC some of them for you. I'm not nearly as good as Matt and the other more seasoned TCers but i'm more than willing to try!
Great growing!~ Good luck!
ReefPlant liked this

Also I don’t get that Kiss statement unle[…]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!