FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
Hi FTC community,

I received this from someone i didn't expect to give me this, anyway, thanks matt for those great CP's that you send,they all look beautiful, and FTC community, this are the CP's i got, they all look awesome, and something good about them, i didn't have those CP's in my collection, which is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Few questions,

Can i leave my scarlet belle, sarracenia rubra, sarracenia leucophylla tarnok growing outside during the winter?, right now is going down to 29F, and temps will be between 50-30F, during the colder months(late december,january, february) 30-10F, i have look at other posts, and they say Sarracenias are from U.S.A just grow them outside, but then i look at others and they say same as a VFT, 40F during winter, so which is one is better?, should i just grow them outside all year long without worrying?, and i think rubra and leucophylla tarnok are found in nc, scarlet belle is zone 7-10, but i just want to make sure.

pinguicula moctezumae, is my first pinguicula!!!
what is the temperature for them during winter?

Thanks matt for this wonderful plants!
By CPgrower
I would like to know the answers to those q's too. I'm living in VA with some of the same plants. I have one of my VFTs outside and it has died back for the winter. My Sarracenia plants outside too. Two of them are still growing, but the purpurea has died back with only brown traps left standing. I'm hoping the two cp's that died back are actually dormant and not dead. This is my first year putting plants into a dormancy. I was hoping that being outside and being plants from the Carolinas that they would just do their natural cycles here in VA. I guess I'll find out in the spring. :roll:
By Matt
jht-union wrote:Can i leave my scarlet belle, sarracenia rubra, sarracenia leucophylla tarnok growing outside during the winter?, right now is going down to 29F, and temps will be between 50-30F, during the colder months(late december,january, february) 30-10F, i have look at other posts, and they say Sarracenias are from U.S.A just grow them outside, but then i look at others and they say same as a VFT, 40F during winter, so which is one is better?
I have a large pot of Sarracenia growing outside and we've already had temperatures down into the teens (Fahrenheit) at night. They can stand pretty cold temperatures as long as their pots don't freeze solid. I wouldn't leave them outside in small pots.
jht-union wrote:pinguicula moctezumae, is my first pinguicula!!!
what is the temperature for them during winter?
Pings are very easy growers. That species doesn't really need a dormancy period and will do well on a sunny windowsill all year long.
Matt liked this
Nwpenthes grow tent help

I’ve seen people mention putting ice in with[…]

Cephalotus pitcher die off

I have a cephalotus that seems to have a lot of pi[…]

Just a short comment on the tent. Would Jade be[…]

When do I pot leaf pulls?

wait until the mother leaf is completely dry b[…]

Hello from the California!

Welcome. Be sure to check out the seedbank.

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be sprin[…]

I pass on winning =) i just wanted to post a photo[…]

1 year old cape!

Wow! I wonder if you've found a plant with giganti[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!