FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Yes DC XL makes the biggest traps I've ever seen. B52 is close to as big as DC XL (at its biggest) and occasionally gets very good coloration. But for me, my favorite giant flytrap is G16. It gets incredibly beautiful coloration and produces consistently large traps year round. I'd bet, on average, traps from G16 are larger than either DC XL or B52. However, it doesn't produce the insanely large spring traps that DC XL is capable of. But what it lacks for slightly in size, it more than makes up for in color and dependability. Putting up the occasional upright trap in the spring and summer, G16 prefers to make traps low to the ground, extremely colorful, and huge! See the photos below of one of my G16 mother plants in October.

Man, do I love that color and growth habit; and, of course, the extremely large traps :)
Matt, Matt, Matt liked this
By BrunoL
Wow, that is truly a giant flytrap!!! It looks similar to the DC-XL but a lot lower like Low Giant. I can see why it is your favorite!! :0 :) :)
BrunoL liked this
By Leo756
Awesome, simply awesome! My favorites always seem to be the giant-trap varieties. Sure wish I could afford to buy one right now. Any chance they'll be in stock again in the spring when I get my tax refund?
Leo756 liked this
By Matt
Leo756 wrote:Any chance they'll be in stock again in the spring when I get my tax refund?
There is a very good chance we'll have them in stock throughout the year next year. We have quite a few very small ones out of TC this year that should be ready for sale by next year, provided they don't have any setbacks.
Matt liked this
By plant_obsessed
Matt wrote:Yes DC XL makes the biggest traps I've ever seen. B52 is close to as big as DC XL (at its biggest) and occasionally gets very good coloration. But for me, my favorite giant flytrap is G16. It gets incredibly beautiful coloration and produces consistently large traps year round. I'd bet, on average, traps from G16 are larger than either DC XL or B52. However, it doesn't produce the insanely large spring traps that DC XL is capable of. But what it lacks for slightly in size, it more than makes up for in color and dependability. Putting up the occasional upright trap in the spring and summer, G16 prefers to make traps low to the ground, extremely colorful, and huge! See the photos below of one of my G16 mother plants in October.

Man, do I love that color and growth habit; and, of course, the extremely large traps :)
WOW!!!! They do exist!!!
By ilikewhatido
Beautiful plant!I've been wanting to add G16 to my collection. How does it compare against Low Giant in terms of "average" trap size and growth pattern? One thing I don't like about the Low Giant is that it tends to have very short petioles and traps end up clobbering one another... From the pictures above, G16 seems to have slightly longer petioles which I find more attractive.
By TOYZ_2
What a beautiful VFT Matt. I was lucky enough to get a small one this year that is doing great. Is that grown in only LFSM ? I would love to try growing one in Lfsm, but im afraid this Texas heat would be rough to try and keep it wet. Please continue to show some of your beautiful VFTs Matt, it really helps the rest of us to know the potential of some of these VFTs.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!