FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
ilikewhatido wrote:Beautiful plant!
Thanks!
ilikewhatido wrote:I've been wanting to add G16 to my collection.
You should :) It's one of my favorites!
ilikewhatido wrote:How does it compare against Low Giant in terms of "average" trap size and growth pattern?
I'd say that G16 and Low Giant are very comparable plants, both in terms of trap size and growth habit. G16 gets better coloration and does put out some semi-upright traps in the spring (if I remember correctly), whereas Low Giant does not.
TOYZ_2 wrote:What a beautiful VFT Matt. I was lucky enough to get a small one this year that is doing great. Is that grown in only LFSM ?
Thanks! Yes, that's only LFSM that it's growing in.
TOYZ_2 wrote:I would love to try growing one in Lfsm, but im afraid this Texas heat would be rough to try and keep it wet.
That could be. It's challenging here in the summer with the extremely hot and dry weather. But the larger 5" pots, like this one is potted in, aren't too challenging. The smaller 3" pots in which we grow most of our stock are much harder to keep moist.
TOYZ_2 wrote:Please continue to show some of your beautiful VFTs Matt, it really helps the rest of us to know the potential of some of these VFTs.
I will do that! There isn't much to look at yet this spring, but I did snap some photos a while back and just haven't had the time to post them.
Matt liked this
By Matt
ilikewhatido wrote:I was wondering if G16 will be back for sale on FlytrapStore International any time soon?
I hope to get it in TC again this spring and have it available by the fall for shipping in late winter or spring 2015.
Matt liked this
By Eric
do it now before it wakes up. :D

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!