FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Sway
My fly trap half assedly caught a bee and its just sitting there half in half out...well its actually a little piece of the bee's butt is stickin out, but still its been in there bout a week and doesnt seem to be digesting it....should i just let it stay in there and see what happens or should i take it out? Are bee's ok for these plants?
By tc3driver
Just leave it, most of the time when a trap cannot seal it dies... I say let it suck out the what nutrients it can.
By Sway
Awwww what a waste....lame ass bee!! Damn i never knew how good these things were at catchin stuff! Even the littlest ones that come up catch tiny gnats!
By Hayden
My smallest one caught a long legged spider the other day! I just saw 8 long legs coming from the traps.
By SquidBait
One of my fly traps caught a fly as it was leaving. Half in, with the front half out. When I first saw it, I didn't want to go close if a fly was crawling all over my vft. I came back later and it was still there. After a couple of days, it opened up, and the fly was stuck there, with a very flat backside! Probably wasn't a nice way to go. . . :shock:

The trap was just fine. They are very good at closing down tight on things. It won't digest the part not in the trap but that doesn't really matter to the plant. It'll eat what ever part it has.
By 95slvrZ28
I've had traps 1/2 close on something as well, it's nothing to worry about. Most of the time the trap will die, but there is the occasion that it survives and gets a meal out of it! I recently had a trap get a fly 1/2 in and 1/2 out. The trap made a seal and a couple weeks later the trap opened and the fly was nicely deflated. The trap lived through the whole ordeal!
By Veronis
flytrap.jpg
flytrap.jpg (17.64 KiB) Viewed 1888 times
Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

I am definitely not with it today I can’t fi[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!