FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By benastyy
So I picked the leafiest Ceph I had for this project

I didn't take process pictures but I came out with 5 plants...

Crown one:

Crown two:

Crown three:

Crown four:

Mother plant went back in original pot

Tools used

This is my first time so fingers crossed
ImageImageImageImageImage

Any advice?...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
benastyy liked this
By benastyy
Also just purchased some great white, as mentioned by leathal_traps... Am I suppose to mix it in water solution and flood the pot, Or do I take out the root parts and dip it into the powder? Online it has both methods but did show results, just want to know what works best. Thanks for your help guys

By Nauz
benastyy wrote:Also just purchased some great white, as mentioned by leathal_traps... Am I suppose to mix it in water solution and flood the pot, Or do I take out the root parts and dip it into the powder? Online it has both methods but did show results, just want to know what works best. Thanks for your help guys

Just flood from the top with recommended dosage. Think I suggested that on someone's post here already. The plant will benefit from great white a whole lot.
By benastyy
Nauz wrote:
benastyy wrote:Also just purchased some great white, as mentioned by leathal_traps... Am I suppose to mix it in water solution and flood the pot, Or do I take out the root parts and dip it into the powder? Online it has both methods but did show results, just want to know what works best. Thanks for your help guys

Just flood from the top with recommended dosage. Think I suggested that on someone's post here already. The plant will benefit from great white a whole lot.
Is it a one time thing or everytime I water it should I apply it? Or how many times a week?

By Nauz
benastyy wrote:
Nauz wrote:

Is it a one time thing or everytime I water it should I apply it? Or how many times a week?

My great white came with " Directions From Manufacture: Treat each plant site with approximately 1/2 gram (approx. 1/4 teaspoon) using direct contact with roots during transplant, or treatment of soil. Soil treatment can be performed by mixing powder into the soil, or mixing a small amount of water with the required amount of powder and drenching the soil with the liquid mixture. Re-treat each plant site by using either soil treatment method 2-4 weeks after the initial application. Note: use protective equipment as needed (glasses, gloves, and dust mask). DO NOT USE in conjunction with hydrogen peroxide."

Make sure you mix it up real well before or it will all settle to bottom of the mixing container.
By SundewWolf
I also did my first ceph cutting a few weeks ago.The way I did my ceph cutting was that I put it in rooting powder and then into a sealed bag of water. It started to grow and then I put it in a pot of LFS with a bag around it. Im afraid of dropping the humidity as the new growth is all leaves and no roots yet.
By benastyy
SundewWolf wrote:I also did my first ceph cutting a few weeks ago.The way I did my ceph cutting was that I put it in rooting powder and then into a sealed bag of water. It started to grow and then I put it in a pot of LFS with a bag around it. Im afraid of dropping the humidity as the new growth is all leaves and no roots yet.
That's awesome can you please post pictures

By Bradari
I can't find great white in South Africa :cry: or anything close
By Bradari
Thanx but shipping costs an arm and a leg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
By benastyy
Bradari wrote:Thanx but shipping costs an arm and a leg

Say free shipping and the smallest one is 10 dollars
On the great white webpage they have sample packets for 5-7 dollars if you don't want to buy a lot

By Nauz
Bradari wrote:Thanx but shipping costs an arm and a leg

Best to at least ask before you give up. Also this website ( https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/trichoderma/ ) but I don't know what species it is and looks to be just trichoderma. Great white has a lot of other things as well. You can begin with that is it's too much to get great white from that eBay seller.
By benastyy
I put my plants in a plastic bag for now they all seem to look good, I'm still waiting on my great white... Meanwhile some pictures

This one is just out in the open

benastyy liked this
By Nauz
benastyy wrote:I put my plants in a plastic bag for now they all seem to look good, I'm still waiting on my great white... Meanwhile some pictures

This one is just out in the open

Found a good thread for you on terraforums. If your interested because I'm still learning as well.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/pitch ... tus-2.html
Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!