FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
Hello everyone,

I was looking over my plants this morning (as I do every morning) and had a look at a leaf that fell off one of my Pinguicula when I repotted it a while ago. I placed the leaf on the surface of the soil not expecting anything but it has struck and two new planetlets are growing from it!

In the past I've had incidents where while repotting, leaves have fallen off my Mexican Pinguicula (especially winter buds, they can be very fragile), I have then taken these leaves and stuck them on the surface of the soil just to have them burst into life a couple of months later. They don't seem to need any special care whatsoever and are happy just to be left somewhere warm and damp.

I have at least seven new plantlets because of accidental leaf pullings and I wanted to share this information for those who may find leaves seperate from the adult plant during repotting - especially non-carnivorous winter ones.

Hooray!
By Daniel_G
I'm sure it's Glenn who has had them sprouting in some gravel on the floor before (Correct me if i'm wrong Glenn)

Anyway, good luck with em', i hope the casualties can grow they're bodies back :lol:

A few additional things I use:…spray bott[…]

Better-Gro LFSM

I show Lowes carrying both, although I had not s[…]

Rosemary Oil Miticide

The Rasta Bob's link doesn't work. I may have to […]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!