FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Lado
Hi guys,

bought them couple month back. during the winter had under artificial light in the garage (without window). now they are sitting outside. (Philadelphia, PA. USA)
just wondering is this ok that they dont grow in high or dont have big heads?

tips for newbie is appreciated ! :D
Attachments:
3.jpg
3.jpg (152.76 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (196.24 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (168.23 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
By ChefDean
I don't know your current or recent past weather conditions, but it looks like it working it's way out of dormancy. Being in an unheated garage, with an unknown light intensity, it probably went to sleep or stayed asleep. Plus, it looks like you have at least 5 plants there.
As long as you're staying above freezing at night there, I'd get it outside in a position to get good morning sunlight, then dappled light or shade the rest of the day. The increase in temps and light will wake it up and you'll see a spectacular set of plants in a few weeks.
By Matt
I agree with ChefDean. They are just coming out of dormancy. Not sure what the growing conditions were indoors, most importantly the photoperiod over the winter months, but I can see the newly forming traps will be quite large. The plant itself looks to be in pretty good shape, but if it wasn't allowed to go dormant, it might not grow very well this season.
By MikeB
Wait until July, then ask again about not growing long petioles (stems). It takes sunshine and warm weather to encourage flytraps to grow these. Then again, you may have plants that just don't grow tall (the Low Giant cultivar is like this).
Matt liked this
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!