FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Artchic528
Not that my seedlings are growing particularly fast, but I want to be ready with blood worms when they do get traps going. Are Top Fin or Aqueon brand blood worms best?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
By Coco
Most ingredients of the blood worms are more or less the same where some has vitamin E in it. Personally, I look for simple ingredients and if the price is right. I use the Tetra brand over at Wal-Mart for months and it works great.
By mcgrumpers
I'm also using the Walmart brand. No complaints so far. Blood worms are gross but they work well and I've kind of gotten used to them, though I refuse to make blood work paste for my VFTs. They just get a whole worm or two followed by a drop of maxsea.
By DesertPat
I have used the Omega One blood worms and suspect the vitamin E supplement added to them caused multiple traps to die prematurely. I switched over to Tetra brand and have not had any issues at all with them. Just make sure to re-hydrate properly before feeding! And GENTLY massage the traps every few minutes to ensure proper feeding response.

Patrick
Pest Identification and Control

Can anyone help me ID these very small crawling in[…]

Fly trap dormancy is NOT necessary

Time to end this pissing contest. For credentials[…]

Howdy

The trap looks like it has indigestion. They tu[…]

Nepenthes seeds

How long does it take to grow to a semi decent […]

According to the Slang Dictionary: Yeet is an exc[…]

I forgot to add the pictures. https://uploads.tapa[…]

GJ Bloody Nurse

What’s this I see? ;)

You can probably try requesting them again if they[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!