FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By snapperhead51
not sure what you mean 100% organic ?? its a plant in its own right , I grow many many hundreds of CP's in it , what seems to be the problem ?? is it dehydrated , live , wet , dry ?? we ant got a lot of info here to work with
John
By snapperhead51
yep it seems to be the way people explain it these days, what do you want to pot up any how ??
By snapperhead51
I see , drosera VFT and sarras , usually do much better in peat & sand mix and may be some perlite or other things in there , you have chosen sphag , for any reason ?
John
By Volle
organic is grown well, organically, without the use of artificial fertilizers and whatnot
they're grown kinda similar to how they're grown in the wild

natural may use artificial fertilizers

inorganic ... are substances that don't have a Carbon bonded to them except for those that display metal-like properties like carbonates [chemistry, but that's technically it]
e.g. perlite
Volle liked this
By jwbates26
That temperature wont hurt your plants as long as it doesn't drop below freezing for to long, unless you have well insulated pots. The problem that might occur is your plants being burned by the sun. If they haven't been in direct natural sun they will have to be acclimated to those brighter more intense sun beams. This can be done over a period of a week or two. First day leave you plants outside for a few hours, say three, and increase the time by 30 minutes every day until you reach 6 to 8 hours. Or you could place the plants in a more shady area and then gradually move them to a brighter place.

One other thing. Since you've just re-potted, the root systems aren't well established through out the media making them less efficient in consuming water. You don't want your plants to dry out. With the increase of air flow from being outside will increase evaporation. So keep an eye out to make sure they do not dehydrate.

Depending on the dews, they may not like the cooler weather and die back so be careful with them. I've notice my tropical dews don't mind temps down in the 50's but lose most of their dew if it gets much cooler then that.
jwbates26 liked this
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!