FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By AhmtBgraa
Hello everyone. I take care of my plants in a closet measuring 65X65x65 cm. I use the Mars Hydro TS1000 model as the light. Due to the increase in the number of plants, I put a larger tray under the pots. But this tray is black. The previous tray was transparent. The inside of the cabinet is covered with a special reflector. Because of the color of the tray I just put in, the light now reflects less. Does this cause a negative effect on the development of plants? Or is the amount of light that plants receive from above sufficient? Mars Hydro is operating at about 85% power. If you think it will be insufficient, I can increase this value. Thank you in advance.
Attachments:
IMG_4099.jpeg
IMG_4099.jpeg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 609 times
By Intheswamp
I don't know how much the non-reflective surface will affect the plants but it seems that if you can see a difference then the plants can see one.
AhmtBgraa liked this
By AhmtBgraa
@Intheswamp, The biggest difference I see is that the light reflected from the bottom doesn't blind me. I thought that the light reflected from the underside could accelerate plant growth, perhaps touching the lower part of the leaves. But the amount of light they receive from the top has not changed. And the walls of the cabinet are still covered with reflectors. The inside of the closet may not be as bright as it used to be, but I don't think this will have a negative effect on the growth of plants. Because if I remember correctly, it didn't really matter how bright the artificial lights were. PAR values, or PPF, were more important. Please correct me if I am wrong.
By Intheswamp
From what I understand it is true that the light that plants actually use is less visible to us. But, even though we can’t see that light as well as the plants can see it I would think it still reflects. Whether it will make a difference to the plants, I don’t know. Probably not a major difference if there is one.

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!