FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By earlgrey
Most of the heat that the leds are radiating are going straight into the tank and getting trapped there because the top is sealed. I would suggest finding a way to raise it above the tank maybe an inch or two. You'll be surprised with the difference
By Sander
Great stuff to read Tish, and yes, leds do become hot, especially the higher current ones...

In my tank i have the lamps inside mounted on the 12v fan heatsinks, when the fans run they are cool to the tough, while if the fans don't they get about 15 degrees C above ambient.

In your case, as mentioned above, i would try to have some space between your heatsink (i like it!) and the tank.
By David F
killerplants4realz wrote:I just purchased those lame cheap lights. They don't work? Suck:(
They might work well to supplement a window, otherwise you can move them closer to low-light requirement plants like a ceph, they would probably enjoy the little to no heat output.

should be fine, springtails make their way into co[…]

I have a Viparspectra v1000 in my grow area, about[…]

Hello from New England

Welcome

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

You should check Craig's List for plastic, food-g[…]

I notice that the tds readings of my tapwater can […]

New to carnivorous plants!

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in no[…]

CalCarn Hitchhiker

It's too soon to be able to provide a positive ID.[…]

The "Bisnick" mini bog

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!