FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By ontariotraps
I noticed on my most recent batch of seed form the FTS I planted some seeds and iv been noticing whiT speckles/tiny fuzz on the tip of the seed before it
Germinates !! If anyone knows what is going on with my seeds please let me know what this is !!!!
Thank you !
By ontariotraps
Did some research the only thing It could possibly be is damping off !! But I belive the temps are to high ! So to take precautions I made a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water 1 part HYdrogen & 10 parts distilled water & sprayed in hopes my problem has been taken care of so thank you cjpflaumer & sander for your time !!
By Maiden
Matt have great seeds, trust me.

Heat is also not a problem, i like to germinate my seeds in ultra lowland conditions (30-35C).

I think the issue in your setup is simply a lack of ventilation. You have to find a way to provide a light air circulation, without droping your RH%. This can be done by running a little fan pointed to the propagation dome . Just have a 1cm hole in the dome. This way, a little air flow will slowly run into the dome.
By tish
Some closed up with my cp seeds that has fungi attack... They are long gone if you see these
Hope these pictures helps

Good germination - http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/ti-h- ... ml#p159107

Fungi attacks

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/ti-h- ... ml#p161523

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/ti-h- ... ml#p172243
tish liked this
By ontariotraps
That's it TISH !! thanks so I take it your seeds didn't sprout after finding the fungas !! - the bottom two pics are what I had !! How did u deal with it if u don't mind me asking !!

& I must say killer close ups !! In flicker !! Wowza !! It's good to see a better pic of the red that I was seeing on my germinating seed thanks good to know its normal !! Wow those were nice pics !, did I say wow already ! U must have a nice cam !! Good going & thank you for your time, if you decide to respond !

Maiden you hit the nail on the head, good call !!, I went out to the doller store n got a tiny fan that plugs into USB after my post since I have an extra phone charger not in use I decided to put the square part of the charger to use., cause that's what I red circulate the air to avoid DAMPING OFF, IN FEAR OF THATS WHAT I HAD !! But silly me I sowed more seeds in the same pots after changing the conditions with the air & H202 3% I'm just gonna have to keep an eye on the seeds that I have already taken the dome off so the soil don't dry out !!, I took a MC D's pontine container 3-4 inches deep & sowed 6 red mix & 6 green mix from FTS, worked good but drys out too quick. I did buy a green earth fungicide/mitecide sulphur base it kinda worried to use it on seeds so I'll hold off for now ! But wow I don't know how u did it MAIDEN feeding these tiny traps but “ good one on ya ”
By tish
ontariotraps wrote:That's it TISH !! thanks so I take it your seeds didn't sprout after finding the fungas !! - the bottom two pics are what I had !! How did u deal with it if u don't mind me asking !!
Thank you for all the WOWs hehehe. I happen to have another hobby taking very closed up pictures of bugs.

I'm happy it help identify your queries. I didnt know what to do the last time and i left it alone. The other seeds germinated in the same pot ao i didn't mind.

I'm not expert but you might wanna soak in some chlorine or fungicides. Don't bet on these ideas. or you can just sow the seeds normally which is what i did since most will definitely germinate. PM FTS if you have doubts. Matt and Leah will answer to your queries :)

Germination take place with water and heat. Plant grow in soil and requires light and water. Hope yours will do well!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
By jimbob999
Hi

I had this a good few years ago, I was a fungus that killed every seed as none of them germinated! (More the wiser now!).

I pipette a !very! dilute fungicide and rain water mixture to prevent this happening and it seems to work. Also covering the seeds in some sort of plastic when inside seemed to encourage the fungus so its something I always avoid!

We live and we learn ey!
lienminhOKVIP

OKVIP là một điểm đến hàng đầu cho n[…]

Does anyone have multiple H. sarracenioides clones[…]

Help! My VFT is dying

What about the good Looking ones. Will they go Dor[…]

Water Quality

I used to have a pool/spa at my house in CA. The m[…]

I'd def keep it. Sometimes plants (in general, not[…]

A 15-hour photoperiod is good, yes.

I too am wondering when to start the transition. I[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

OP lives in Poland.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!