FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By AndyTheTaco
I found this worm by accident on my nepenthes (unknown) and found 1 more but not on the plant, on the soil I took them out but I don't know what are them, if they not harmful to my plant ill let them on my plant ImageImage (I put a toothpick so you can see how small)Image

Sent from my LG-K530 using Tapatalk
By KategoricalKarnivore
Looks like a caterpillar. They eat plants so you should definitely get rid of it.
By AndyTheTaco
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Looks like a caterpillar. They eat plants so you should definitely get rid of it.
Ok, but should I remove the soil and add new soil or its not necessary? And I forgot when I grab him he makes some spider web, but theres No spider web on my plants

By Smooter80
Cutworm. Freaking kill it/them. The eat roots, chomp through leaves and new growth. Bayer 3 in 1 as directed and a spray a little on the media too including any live spag cultures.
By tzestan
Looks like a type of moth larvae that occasionally infests my seedling pot. It produces silky webbing tunnels on soil surface. Does not seem to eat neps. But still damaging as it spins web over seedling and disturbs the roots. Neem oil-based pesticide can get rid of it. Don't know whether neem kills the larvae or just that the moth does not come near neem-sprayed plant and soil.
By AndyTheTaco
Smooter80 wrote:Cutworm. Freaking kill it/them. The eat roots, chomp through leaves and new growth. Bayer 3 in 1 as directed and a spray a little on the media too including any live spag cultures.
Ill change the soil, will this Bayer do the job? I also got a little fungus will it do to? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bayer-Advanc ... MryqKChAx0

By AndyTheTaco
tzestan wrote:Looks like a type of moth larvae that occasionally infests my seedling pot. It produces silky webbing tunnels on soil surface. Does not seem to eat neps. But still damaging as it spins web over seedling and disturbs the roots. Neem oil-based pesticide can get rid of it. Don't know whether neem kills the larvae or just that the moth does not come near neem-sprayed plant and soil.
Ok ill try some

By KategoricalKarnivore
Yep that's the right stuff.
By AndyTheTaco
Smooter80 wrote:Yes that's the stuff and it's also a fungicide. No need to change the media.
Thank you so much ill try it! Ill try find it at walmart

By AndyTheTaco
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Yep that's the right stuff.
Thank you so much!

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!