FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
Just curious if tap water with a TDS under 45 most times is OK for aquatic plants. I have a few that I bought for my yet to be completed pond and I have had them in my aquarium using distilled water.
By Huntsmanshorn
That's fine, even if you filled your pond with distilled water the TDS will increase above 45 eventually anyway. Well, assuming it's outside at least.
By Intheswamp
Is your tap water more alkaline, acidic, or neutral, Andy? Distilled should be neutral. Acidic would be better, and of course alkaline would be worse (from my reading). Of course, being "OCD-Me", I start grimacing when my rainwater shows up much over 5ppm. :roll:
By andynorth
Pretty much neutral and TDS is under 45. I will test for hardness and chlorine, metals, etc. shortly. Awaiting my aquarium test strips @Panman suggested so I can test the water/soil mix that I have been experimenting with the Ph Down.
By optique
If you have a issue keeping TDS down in the long term looking into floating plants like water spangles.
andynorth liked this

SASE is airborne

Thank you very much. I thought it might be that bu[…]

One contrary thought on pots and saucers: If you s[…]

As long as the sun isn't shining directly on it an[…]

I decided to go with Cook’s as he had all of[…]

however the same happens with sarracenia, if the[…]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae ar[…]

Finally

Those are beautiful! I’m wondering what ki[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!