FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
I was looking at my seedlings, and this one caught my attention because of the trap color, none of my other seedlings, or VFT's have this color which is orange, is very fascinating. That trap is actually growing in the non-carnivorous leaf in the middle to the corner a little, i try to move the trap to see if it was just the leaf of the trap covering the non-carnivorous leaf, but no, as soon as i move it, the non-carnivorous leaf move as well with the trap, i looked closely, and yes it is attached!!! :o :o :o

First pic: top view, you can see is attached to it by a corner.

Second pic: View from the side showing the color of the trap, and the trap attached with the non-carnivorous leaf. You can also see as well the new growth coming with the same color as the trap attached to the NCL(non-carnivorous leaf)

By Steve_D
Very interesting, jht-union. That's one of the great things about growing Venus Flytraps from seed: any of the plants might grow up to be a special plant, and it's fun to watch them every step of the way. Please post photo updates of this plant every so often. (se dice de vez en cuando, ¿no?) :D
By jht-union
Gracias steve,

Crecer estas plantas desde semilla es muy interesante, mis pequenas vft's que ya casi llevan 1 ano conmigo, y todavia estoy sorprendido como crecen, han crecido excelente poco a poco. 1 ano mas y van a entrar en adolescencia! :) Tengo unas cuantas muy interesantes que son simplemente raras, voy a estar bajando fotos de esas muy pronto ;)
De vez en cuando voy a estar poniendo fotos en el forum para mostrar el crecimiento de esta bebe!

Gracias steve!
Catching the Nep fever

Surprisingly, I have never really put effort into […]

Hello from the California!

Wow! this forum has an amazing set up for seeds! I[…]

April 2024 Photo Contest - Stuck on You

Much thanks to Optique and what an incredible, hea[…]

Liberation from Lowe’s

Holy moly! Wait that division just happens natural[…]

A question: do sarracenia need intense light dow[…]

Results of self pollinating?

The ovary is 1/2 inch across? Or the umbrella is[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!