FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By cat768
Hi all.

I have a ventrata it constantly putting out new leaves and elongating the tendrils, but it isn't pitchering. I grow it in a terrarium with lots of humidity and light, alongside with robcantleyi x veitchii, talagensis x robcantleyi, bloody mary (ampullaria x ventricosa), and maxima (unknown taxa). All the other plants are pitchering, and I think they might be harder to grow, so there's a bit of irony there.

Can anybody help me?
By TS 1989
cat768 wrote:Hi all.

I have a ventrata it constantly putting out new leaves and elongating the tendrils, but it isn't pitchering. I grow it in a terrarium with lots of humidity and light, alongside with robcantleyi x veitchii, talagensis x robcantleyi, bloody mary (ampullaria x ventricosa), and maxima (unknown taxa). All the other plants are pitchering, and I think they might be harder to grow, so there's a bit of irony there.

Can anybody help me?
A picture will help.
By nimbulan
If humidity and light aren't an issue, the next thing I would suspect is temperature though I don't know why that would be the case if the rest of the plants are doing well.
By Chipi3s
Are the tendrils dieing? Or they just stop growing?
My Ventrata will grow like 4-5leaves and all the tendrils are stunted then it will randomly start inflating all its pitchers. I'm not sure if this is your case but I think it could be.
By cat768
Chipi3s wrote:Are the tendrils dieing? Or they just stop growing?
My Ventrata will grow like 4-5leaves and all the tendrils are stunted then it will randomly start inflating all its pitchers. I'm not sure if this is your case but I think it could be.
My tendrils are all healthy but all the pitchers are not inflating.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
By Komrad
I am having the same problem (though I live in Texas and my plant is mainly outdoors, I bring it in when weather is bad/cold), tendrils are growing, mostly normal looking (some stunted, maybe 2 out of 15 or so), but suddenly the tendrils stop growing and the leaves don't open fully. Has been this way for about two weeks. The weird part is new tendrils are still growing, just very slowly, but eventually stop growing. No pitchers inflating. Right now the plant is huge, but has no viable pitchers. Some of the new tips are staying white, instead of turning the brown/red color like they normally do, it's really strange. I repotted it about two weeks ago, could it still be shocked from the repot for two weeks?
CalCarn Hitchhiker

Hey all, I unboxed my Dionaea m. Ginormous from Ca[…]

The "Bisnick" mini bog

Is this normal?

Follow-up on the ventratas. I did some research on[…]

I’m a noob, so the only info I can offer you[…]

Hello from New England

Welcome from a fellow noob!

hi: im feedmesemore

Welcome forum a fellow noob!

Trying My Hand With TC

So I am more of the type that learns by doing rath[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!