FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Wiguwak
I recently got a pot of baby flytraps from the FTS, and I was wondering if I could just leave them in the pot it came in. If I should re-pot them, when would be a good time?

edit:I was also thinking about getting a Drosera adelae. Does that need dormancy or can I just grow it inside?
By Steve_D
It would probably be best if you leave them in the pot they came in for a year or so. Repotting them at this point, after they have already been transplanted into that pot and shipped, might set back their growth somewhat.

Alternatively, if you are careful, you can prepare a larger pot and put some growing medium in it, then invert the pot the baby Flytraps are in to try to get the entire soil mass and Flytraps out whole with roots undisturbed, place that on some of the growing medium already in the larger pot, and fill in around the soil mass of the baby Flytraps with additional growing medium to fill the larger pot. :)
Steve_D liked this
By Wiguwak
Thanks for the info! I think I'll just keep them in the original pot for now. Don't want to accidentally kill them.
Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

Two issues. The only filiformis var Floridana we h[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!