FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Dan321
I am wondering if its just me or that everyone has cps at there local nursery. cus my locla nursery has sarrs neps flytraps sundews butterworts darlingtonia ceps and more cps but they all half dead since no one cares for them right
By cpgrower126
Wow! I would love too have darlingtonia and cep's in my local nursery! Mine has flytraps, Sarrs, and cape sundews. Which region do you live in? Also, how much do they charge?
By andynorth
Ours barely have VFT's, and that's it.

Edit: I did find a place that said the were a nursery open to the public only to show up there and it was a home grower that sells on eBay. There is one other that says they have CP's that I will check out soon but other than that I am limited to the internet. Living in the PNW it seems we are limited to our selection. However, I have bought several Sarrs from Matt and thus far I have been happy. Also, his VFT seeds that I won in Feb. photo contest kick butt. I have thus far very close to 100% germination.
Last edited by andynorth on Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BumpyEvergreen
Before I was an adult and had access to the internet, I got my CPS from Lowe's. I got a venture coaster there and rubras southwoods garden nursery in Tulsa also sells carnivorous plants meerkat mob White Knight and another one that I don't remember the name of they sell. I got my nepenthes Miranda from them and I also got into pente's Rebecca soaper from Lowe's. Everyone just sells ventratas now
By Adelae
My 15+ year old probably-Miranda was from Lowe's originally. I used to get carnivorous plants there semi frequently in high school--even found a cobra lily (it died) and a butterwort (it died)

There was also a little bit where I lived near a reptile store of all things that carried carnivorous plants over by their other terrarium plants. Only time I've ever seen a store actually put a grow light on their sad little VFTs.
By Dejavert
andynorth wrote:Ours barely have VFT's, and that's it.

Edit: I did find a place that said the were a nursery open to the public only to show up there and it was a home grower that sells on eBay. There is one other that says they have CP's that I will check out soon but other than that I am limited to the internet. Living in the PNW it seems we are limited to our selection. However, I have bought several Sarrs from Matt and thus far I have been happy. Also, his VFT seeds that I won in Feb. photo contest kick butt. I have thus far very close to 100% germination.
Check out the vendors page for Courting Frogs Nursery, they sell at quite a few nurseries in Washington and Oregon. The selection isn't huge, but everything I've gotten has been healthy and reasonably priced. https://courting-frogs-nursery.com/

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

A few additional things I use: a turkey baster (to[…]

I recommend both Lee's Botanical Gardens and Flytr[…]

I don't know what you have available but once you […]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae ar[…]

Finally

Those are beautiful! I’m wondering what ki[…]

I just want to confirm that this has been sent as […]

Agreed, no plant seed cross will ever breed tue du[…]

Thanks for the help! I've contacted someone you me[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!