FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By tish
I was at along a stream at the park to gather some stuff for a preschool educational session. When I notice many frogs along the shore. I took 1 back for education and intend to put this back after class.

Nepenthes Ampullaria and froggy :)
tish, tish liked this
By Jds
Ruruanta,I asked for website that is not famous as they usually they have very cheap and good quality plants(as per my experience) ;)
Thanks Tish but I know those website,any Singapore website?
The frog's eye looks like human eye,it's very cute.
I ordered from carnivoria.eu,order is still processing (phyto and other documents). :D
Even I have very less space(I live in a flat),but I will fill till there is no room left. :(
Has your P.pirouette flowered,you have any seeds of it? It's very costly on websites. :lol:
By ruruanta
Jds, try bcp or czplants, both from cezch. i tried czplant twice and great service. Bcp not yet.
Anyway, post your result later after having success ordering from carnivore.eu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Jds
I already order from CZ plants and posted ping images[P.debbertiana,Cephalotus(it's small),vft (free),P.laueana (free,arrived dead,Utricularia Sandersonii(dead)]
Carnivoria is still processing (as you know know).
My order from BCP cancelled as shipping charges were too high + packing charges +paypal fees.
By tish
tish wrote:
ruruanta wrote:Small? Try belli, pervillei or campanulata.

I'm trying not to find out too much so i wont get them... arghhh hahaha
I lost the battle of addiction and order 2 more nep from our latest MO. from Borneo Exotic 17july list lol ARGH!

take note BE orders will be min $1200.00
Last edited by tish on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tish
ruruanta wrote:Jds, try bcp or czplants, both from cezch. i tried czplant twice and great service. Bcp not yet.
Anyway, post your result later after having success ordering from carnivore.eu

I've ordered twice from carnivoria. it's in this thread... :D
for these 2 orders, I would say not very fast in respond, maybe it was winter, plants varies in size and service is just good.

infact it's 3 times, a count for a missing plant which I include 1 more purchase together.
By ruruanta
tish wrote:
tish wrote:
ruruanta wrote:Small? Try belli, pervillei or campanulata.

I'm trying not to find out too much so i wont get them... arghhh hahaha
I lost the battle of addiction and order 2 more nep from our latest MO. from Borneo Exotic 17july list lol ARGH!

take note BE orders will be min $1200.00
Bhahaa.. Addiction really killing yeh..
Whatt $1200! Surely not retail price. Thanks GOD theirmost neps are HL types, which i cant support anyway.

By tish
A friend shared where I could find Wild Nepenthes Rafflesiana in a park]. So I've decide to take a walk for photo shooting. It is illegal to collect anything from the park.

The only things you should take are photos and memories, leave only footsteps and not litters.

During my walk about 2 hours, I thought there were many Rafflesiana but there seems to be only a small patch of 3 Rafflesiana plant I could find. Instead, there were Gracilis everywhere. Anyway, this is how they look like growing in the wild in Singapore. This is a park and overcast with plenty of trees, there are hardly any sun light, all filtered.

Nepenthes Rafflesiana (Kent Ridge Park)
Same plant - The pitcher tendril is so long!
Same plant - The only young pitcher. There were no other pitchers.

All the rest of the photos are Nepenthes Gracilis (Kent Ridge Park). Not all the plants has pitchers, I'm surprised that only certain patches of them growing has pitchers, there were not very big either. The size were mainly 2 cm to 8. I don't think there were any that is more than 10 cm long.

They are found almost everywhere

One of those few patche that has more pitchers forming. These were no longer than 5cm.

Some closed up photos of pitchers

tish liked this
By tish
Remember the post on my newly acquired Byblis Liniflora flowering? During flowering, I thought I would like to assist pollination using a spare paint brush. Flowers has withered and seeds pod swell were in process, some has produced seeds and I had harvest the first pod :)

After withered

Swelling in positivity

Success, waiting to fully dry and open up

Ready for harvest

About 25 seeds in all
tish liked this
By tish
I had this Drosera Adelae for a while and it's been producing tones of offshoots for me. But never flower before, I was inspecting the plants just now and noticed some weird growth in the middle of the Adelae. Please tell me this is a flower stalk!.

By tish
I had 4 spiders with me last week. A Golden Orb web spider, a Salticidae - Jumping spider, a green Lynx Spider and a house spider. I let the first 2 spider go. The Lynx was left among my plants to survival, the house spider will be food later.

I thought the Lynx will be dead among the sundews, but it survived crawling and escaping from the dews. The next day I found it lurking among the Neps pitchers, I say this is 1 smart Lynx spider. There isn't much Sundew among my Nep pots and it was near the nectar source where food will be attracted...

A few additional things I use: a turkey baster (to[…]

I recommend both Lee's Botanical Gardens and Flytr[…]

I don't know what you have available but once you […]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae ar[…]

Finally

Those are beautiful! I’m wondering what ki[…]

I just want to confirm that this has been sent as […]

Agreed, no plant seed cross will ever breed tue du[…]

Thanks for the help! I've contacted someone you me[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!