FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Mufasa
turns out the weird angle of the first trap was actually a second trap
i think i can make out some teeth forming from the naked eye, might try taking some more pics with the DIY lens, seems to capture much much closer pictures, just harder to use

nexus wasnt charged so i couldnt use it
perhaps the traps are tending to grow to one side? i think the lighting is fairly spread out, but might be worth rotating them every so often

this plant is far ahead of the other ones
By Mufasa
probably shouldnt spam the forums every day with update pics... but whatever, deal with it :D
best pic
can see the teeth on this one already unfolded, hopefully it should open tomorrow!!! or soon
Mufasa, Mufasa liked this
By Mufasa
i was trying to let the traps open fully before i posted another update, but it seems to be taking a while, and since you're asking, here are the 3 biggest pots

sarras still haven't sprouted... not sure how long they take

still some unsprouted VFT's too, but hopefully thats just a matter of time
By Mufasa
so, unfortunately, alot of the plants died, not sure exactly what the cause was, my guess is, poor ventilation, or uneven watering

i will be having another shot shortly, this time i will use a larger, deeper single pot, and put all the seeds in it, the sarra seeds never sprouted, so maybe something is wrong with those
also going to re-work the electronics a bit

i managed to save 3 VFT seedlings which i planted in a pot outside, and have covered in some shadecloth for the next few days
By Mufasa
Ok, i've just planted some new VFT seedlings, aswell as droser aliaceae, and rotundifolia, i think i might have to stratisfy these sarracenia seeds, the seller said they were already done, but i had them in there for 3 months, with no change, so will see what happens
i now have one large pot, rather than lots of shallow tiny pots, hopefully better moisture profile.
By tish
Mufasa wrote:so, unfortunately, alot of the plants died, not sure exactly what the cause was, my guess is, poor ventilation, or uneven watering

i will be having another shot shortly, this time i will use a larger, deeper single pot, and put all the seeds in it, the sarra seeds never sprouted, so maybe something is wrong with those
also going to re-work the electronics a bit

i managed to save 3 VFT seedlings which i planted in a pot outside, and have covered in some shadecloth for the next few days
Mynplace is getting warmer and the monsoon is here. Very windy so it is hot and windy and dry. Some plants are showing stress here as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005
By Mufasa
VFTs appear to be sprouting, drosera too possibly, not sure yet

not large enough to take pictures yet, so maybe 2 or 3 more days
By Mufasa
some pics
couldnt focus on this one... will try again tomorrow, appears to be a deep red seedling
these are sanders seeds, the traps seem to have opened much smaller, and i'm hoping thats a good sign, some have also get very nicely red colored traps already.
Mufasa liked this
By Mufasa
some new pics

there are still some sprouting, i'm tempted to throw the rest of the seed in there, and try to get a big carpet of them ( i thought i had put enough in to do that already :P)

this time i composited the images into one... its too time consuming to upload them seperately every time
top middle, you can see my lovely deep red fly trap.

i believe the top left one is the largest atm (hard to tell, cant match the photos to my actual plants :P)
the traps on it have closed... not sure if its due to some issue i should be concerned about (matt, maybe you have some experience you can share with me?)
its possible that they were triggered by some small insects (and maybe caught some?) but many of the other plants traps are still open so idk... could also be that its very close to the edge of the pot, so it might dry out first?

there are also some signs of life from the drosera too, the babies are so tiny, characteristics are starting to form

many of these pictures are blurry... next time i will pull the pot out, so i can steady my hands better for a better picture..maybe a couple days or in a week
By Mufasa
Oh, just realised, i should post an update on the survivors from the first batch... will post some pics tomorrow
By Mufasa
anyone still paying attention to this thread?

first one is the largest i think

there are more traps that i took photos of, but the quality wasnt great, so i didnt post those
might try to post more later today or tomorrow, along with those survivors i promised earlier

also i think the low res images i posted before was a mistake, looking back, the photos from the first batch were much prettier, and worth the extra time to upload and organise
By tish
Yep! I been watching. They look good ao far. So for photo quality. It is too dark, see if you could find a light to brighten up the subject of your photo. That will help with quality and photo won't be so grainy due to auto iso setting of low light
conditions.

Sent from my SM-N9005
Hello again from Florida

Welcome back https://media.tenor.com/images/5e88a[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Weird Pitchers, advice?

I'm concerned about all my plants and wondering if[…]

Anything that requires a dormancy, dry rest, or de[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

I have a many cape sundew varieties, about 6 pingu[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!