FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By FriskyBiscuit
Sorry for another post, but this time it's in regards to some mold I believe was growing in my Bianta pot. I only noticed bc I was looking at my plants super closely and noticed two spots of super small white fuzziness, and assuming it was mold I used a q-tip to remove it.

But not sure if there is anything else I should do? To help keep it from happening to my other I've placed a tiny desk fan near them for airflow rn just in case. But if there's anything else I should do pls lmk! Also in case it does grow back, what would I have to do to get rid of it completely?
By ChefDean
If it's a light, fluffy texture in light gray or white, it'll usually not progress too much and go away on its own. If you'd like, you can increase airflow and decrease moisture level a bit, and that should make it go away.
Another approach is to sprinkle real cinnamon on the media. It's natural antifungal properties can get rid of it and help prevent more.
Monitor it in any regard so it doesn't get worse.
By FriskyBiscuit
Thank you! Yeah it was very fluffy and light kind of like a spider web.. wouldn't have even noticed if my face hadn't been shoved into the plant pretty much lol
I was wondering about cinnamon but wasn't sure if that was true! I was also told to use a spray bottle and mist the soil with it. They said that would help kill it and prevent anymore and that apparently store-bought hydrogen peroxide is diluted enough to not hurt the plant? But if you don't think that's a good idea I might just stick with cinnamon
But yes I will be watching it slowly either way
By Gary
I had the same problem with my sundews while they were inside during the winter. I have a spare tower fan that I used to increase airflow and sprayed diluted peroxide when I saw fuzzy mold. The peroxide isn't a cure, but it kept it away for 2-3 weeks after treatment and the plants didn't have a problem.
Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

My 'Mimis Kiss' is finally growing pitchers again[…]

Hello , I can help with the Drosera if you are sti[…]

First flower stalk on VFT

I might let the biggest flower stalk flower but c[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Hi! I live in Arkansas at this moment, but I tran[…]

I repotted some of the vft's from the flower stal[…]

Is this a steal?

The first one is a Nepenthes x 'Ventrata' like Pan[…]

...and now you know better how to plan. ;)

My two go to choices are https://www.greenhouseme[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!