FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By silvercomet
A lot of people have successfully done this in the past, using the fridge method. For me, I chose a different path since I wanted to simulate the natural environment as real as I can for these plants.

Credits will go to Pete Handrail as I have learnt this method from him and adapted to my growing environment and condition.

Enjoy my photos bomb:

The fridge that I used, with glass door, allows indirect bright light (mostly) and some direct to hit the plants. It also has temp control knob so I can gradually decrease and increase to not shock the plant so much

But in the process of doing this, I also came to an unexpected failure with my S. Exornata as its leaves structure caught the water I top watered it and it got rot inside

It looked really healthy outside when taken out but quickly turned into doom. Both the large and the small division of Excellens vanished like that while my Exornata is now giving out flower just fine. Next time I will remove all the dead leaves of excellens or the Leuco x to the rhizome so no water get trapped inside or I will just leave it in a bag of damp lfsm to let the moss absorb all the excess water on the rhizome for better result.

So I am waiting for my venus flytrap to flower after my sarracenia already did. Anyone knows when venus flytrap will give out flower?

Thank you for looking and I hope some people from the tropics can benefit a bit from my little thread.
lienminhOKVIP

OKVIP là một điểm đến hàng đầu cho n[…]

Does anyone have multiple H. sarracenioides clones[…]

Help! My VFT is dying

What about the good Looking ones. Will they go Dor[…]

Water Quality

I used to have a pool/spa at my house in CA. The m[…]

I'd def keep it. Sometimes plants (in general, not[…]

A 15-hour photoperiod is good, yes.

I too am wondering when to start the transition. I[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

OP lives in Poland.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!