FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Artchic528
I posted about my very deformed looking vft plant before. It's small, hugs the substrate, and has twisted, almost frilly or wavy petioles. I've flushed the plant numerous times with fresh rain water and yet, it still grows this way. My other two plants have been nothing if not healthy. Both have been catching flies like crazy. They all share the same container. Here are some pictures.
Weird sickly VFT
Weird sickly VFT
100_2019.JPG (1.06 MiB) Viewed 3023 times
Two healthy VFT
Two healthy VFT
100_2020.JPG (1.23 MiB) Viewed 3023 times
By Artchic528
What should I do then? I'm guessing I need some miticide.
By Artchic528
Okay. Buying Avid, but how much do I spray on the plants exactly? I'm going to spray the whole container just to be sure that none of the little buggers are hiding anywhere. Also, it looks to be somewhat toxic to people as well. Should I be wearing a mask, safety goggles and rubber gloves when I spray?

I wonder if Matt supply a handy use guide with the miticide?
By Matt
Artchic528 wrote:Okay. Buying Avid, but how much do I spray on the plants exactly?
Only enough to cover the surface of the leaves.
Artchic528 wrote:Should I be wearing a mask, safety goggles and rubber gloves when I spray?
Yes, I would recommend doing so. If I don't do it when I spray, I get a headache.
Artchic528 wrote:I wonder if Matt supply a handy use guide with the miticide?
It's pretty simple! Mix at the concentration listed on the bottle, spray the leaves, repeat 3 to 5 days later. That should take care of any mite problems for at least 6 months.
By Artchic528
Matt wrote:
Artchic528 wrote:Okay. Buying Avid, but how much do I spray on the plants exactly?
Only enough to cover the surface of the leaves.
Artchic528 wrote:Should I be wearing a mask, safety goggles and rubber gloves when I spray?
Yes, I would recommend doing so. If I don't do it when I spray, I get a headache.
Artchic528 wrote:I wonder if Matt supply a handy use guide with the miticide?
It's pretty simple! Mix at the concentration listed on the bottle, spray the leaves, repeat 3 to 5 days later. That should take care of any mite problems for at least 6 months.
Thanks Matt!!
By Artchic528
tommyr wrote:That soil mix looks very dry.
I noticed that too while I was taking pictures, so I watered it thoroughly afterword with a two liter jug. We've had little rain here in the past few weeks, so everything is getting a bit on the dry side. I'm not used to having such a dry beginning to fall, so it was not in my habit to check the planter as frequently.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!