FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Smooter80
That's funny Hollyhock. I've been thinking the same thing and saw I missed you there last night. If the chat was moved to the top of the page and auto loaded like on TF, I'm sure people would use it. TF is not very active but I'm there a lot for chat. I know that takes some extra bandwidth but it would be great.

Maybe if enough interest is shown, Matt could look into the possibility of changes to the chat system.
By Matt
Smooter80 wrote:Maybe if enough interest is shown, Matt could look into the possibility of changes to the chat system.
I try to get this newer version of chat installed this week:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... w_version/
Matt, Matt, Matt liked this
By Matt
Sorry for the delay in this. I'm running behind in several tasks these days! I just came back to this thread to follow the link I posted and take a look at implementing this today. Hopefully, if it goes smoothly, we'll have a functioning chat feature today or tomorrow.
Matt liked this
By Matt
Well, I installed the modification to the forum to add chat, but there are some formatting issues preventing it from working properly. I was chatting with Benurmanii and some big issues became quite apparent.

I'm not much of a style person and I don't have time to work my way through it right now, but I do have someone I can ask for help. Hopefully he'll be able to get to it early next week.
By KategoricalKarnivore
It looked like it worked just fine on my end. I was on my phone and didn't see any problems.
By Matt
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:It looked like it worked just fine on my end. I was on my phone and didn't see any problems.
On a desktop, it didn't scroll properly. It was created for a different forum theme than the one we're currently running so we need to port the styles to this theme. Shouldn't be a big deal to fix it, but it will take someone with that skillset a matter of minutes (an hour at most) whereas I might spend the rest of the day working on it if I tried to fix it!
Matt, Matt, Matt liked this

Primuliflora is a warm temperate and may require a[…]

Nwpenthes grow tent help

I’ve seen people mention putting ice in with[…]

Cephalotus pitcher die off

I have a cephalotus that seems to have a lot of pi[…]

Just a short comment on the tent. Would Jade be[…]

When do I pot leaf pulls?

wait until the mother leaf is completely dry b[…]

Hello from the California!

Welcome. Be sure to check out the seedbank.

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be sprin[…]

I pass on winning =) i just wanted to post a photo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!