FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By HarrisAz
ok b4 i receive a packet of seeds from Matt,i receive around 45VFT seeds from John which comes from James(thanks all).

i sow the seeds on 18 September 2010.and most of them crack a little thing from the seed in 24 September 2010 and around 90% out of 45seeds now has a tiny leaf sprout out on 29 September 2010.heres some pic.im a bit lazy to take more pics bcoz of its size.need zooming,adjusting and many more

EDIT:image error
By HarrisAz
it was this year's harvest.i got it from John.and john gets them from James From UK.

well i got 1comment.ur fast at replying too!i just finished posting then theres a new post.haha
By HarrisAz
this is my condition on germinating them

water: tray 1cm water
Sun: morning to midday.
Temp: day:33c (its raining during the night since this months)
night:24c
humidity: day75%
night:95%-100%

also got success rate by putting them above a fridge(some fridge are warm on the above) with no light.
By HarrisAz
yes thats true but if u have it in sun since its just a seed,it will not be so sensitive when put in direct sunlight after it germinates.
By cbennett4041
Good point. I started my seeds on my shady front porch. They grew there about 1.5 months after germination. I then had them in a sunny room inside, and now they sit directly in a south-facing window. Seem to be doing well! Traps are even starting to get red
By HarrisAz
well theres some seeds that take upto 2weeks to just start germinate.most of them grow 2cotyledons on the second week of germination and some just wanna strt to germinate.dont know why.and thanks guys for such nice words :)
What's Up

The owner of this forum and our gracious overseer […]

bog garden

Alright, $20 is gonna be hard to work with, but he[…]

Should I just leave them be?

I have these Bohemian Garnet's and a yet to be id'[…]

U. bisquamata

Wow!

Fused Tooth Extreme

Nice!

Phyllodia or deformed pitcher

All right, now I'm placing bets whether it's going[…]

My Ginormous pot

I would be also willing to buy some. I have flytra[…]

Those could be a variety of things from a disease,[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!