FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Wikiwakawakawee
Yeah thats pretty weird...the odd thing is that no one has apparently grown it to maturity yet so nobody knows what it's supposed to look like :|
By Wikiwakawakawee
So here's the same pitcher, the lid got more ruffled a few days after it opened, but still no coloration, not sure if it can color up with the amount of light I can provide it with.

It only gets about 5 or 6 hours of direct sunlight in the morning then bright light the rest of the day.

Although, this is the first pitcher of the "season" It seems like it, so the following pitchers could look somewhat different. I'll keep this updated.

Here's the upcoming pitcher, plant growth has slowed down somewhat since we've had pretty cloudy days here lately.
ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
By PetFlyTrap
Thanks to Wikiwakawakawee for bringing this to our attention. These plants had come to us from another grower and were labeled as S. leucophylla 'Compacta'. We even received the photo we used from the supplier. However, since this was brought to our attention, I went out to take a look at these, and they are most definitely not anything like the photo we had used for them! I agree with the comments here, in that these should definitely not be marketed as leucophylla. They are (as the photo of the most mature pitcher (about 3.5 inches tall) we could find on the plants shows) a VERY nice looking mitchelliana (purpurea/rosea x leucophylla) hybrid, and we will market them as such in the future.
CompactaImposter.jpg
CompactaImposter.jpg (411.81 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
PetFlyTrap, PetFlyTrap liked this
By PetFlyTrap
I would ALSO suggest that anyone else who has plants labeled as S. leucophylla 'Compacta', no matter WHAT supplier they came from, be very suspect regarding their true heritage. The supplier we received them from has supplied a great many CP companies out there; and if ours were mislabeled, there's a very good chance the same is true for the rest.
PetFlyTrap liked this
By steve booth
Many thanks to PetFlyTrap for verification and clarification of the situation, goodness knows there are a lot of misrepresented and mislabelled plants out there without potentially bringing further generations into existence by crosses from this one.
Cheers
Steve

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!