FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By SFLguy
Yes it is, these plants are anthocyanin free and are natural mutations

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
By parker679
It depends. SFLguy is right in that there are naturally found antho free plants in the wild but he has no way of knowing if what you're talking about is naturally occurring.

Sarracenia is the genus, there are many species of Sarracenia and there are antho free cultivars of most of the species. In addition to that there are many Sarracenia hybrids that are antho free that are the result of breeding.

Is there a specific plant you're referring to?
By SFLguy
I wasn't saying it happened in the wild (which I'm sure it does) I was saying that it happened naturally, they only way you wouldn't find it in the wild is if you are referring to a specific clone (which could be introduced into the wild) or a hybrid of two species who's ranges don't overlap

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
By SFLguy
Goodkoalie wrote:There are antho free plants of all species and supsp. except for oreophilas

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Hmm I didn't know that, is that because they are limited to such a small area and therefore haven't made the mutation or simply because they are incapable of being antho free?
By steve booth
There is also flava var maxima, which is green but not antho free, I assume your question relates to antho free forms. As Goodkoalie said there are naturally occurring antho free forms of all Sarracenia except oreophila and a lot of hybrids too.

Cheers
Steve
By Jonathan_
I was talking about a Sarracenia Flava all green form.. Sorry I should have been more specific.
By parker679
Jonathan_ wrote:I was talking about a Sarracenia Flava all green form.. Sorry I should have been more specific.
I've seen several genetically unique plants(at least in photos) and I believe most are from wild locations. I'm assuming your question was whether or not these plants occur in the wild?
By Jonathan_
[quote="]I've seen several genetically unique plants(at least in photos) and I believe most are from wild locations. I'm assuming your question was whether or not these plants occur in the wild?[/quote]

Yes that is my question

they are back outside https://i.imgur.com/mW2klN[…]

took my neps outside, look at that moss! https:/[…]

+ bulk means that in addition to already-made pack[…]

Ah. I can find him on social media? He is on F[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1649. I'll PM[…]

Chaser, I like that. Order received. Your order n[…]

Finally

Thanks, it is called a Drosera Intermedia. The var[…]

Rain

I agree, Mike. The pools catch pretty good even w[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!