FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Honestly, just varying light and feeding rates will change the color from green to red, unless you get an anthocyanin free variety in which case there are no red veins.

And Mike is killing me posting links to plants with the genetics I am looking for. (Green Swamp and Brunswick Co., NC) Now to have a chat with my wallet.
By MikeB
Panman wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:58 pm And Mike is killing me posting links to plants with the genetics I am looking for. (Green Swamp and Brunswick Co., NC) Now to have a chat with my wallet.
Don't encourage me: I can make you wallet beg for mercy. :lol:

FYI - That eBay seller is Tyler Gramley, vice president of the North American Sarracenia Conservancy. He has some very interesting plants for sale.
By Joe Schmoe
thank you all for trying to help. To be honest if it doesnt look exactly like the one i remember then for me its like i havent really gotten my plants back from when i was a kid

either way im expanding my collection greatly and I know how to grow CPs im going to get a nice terrarium setup and im in Florida so i can grow many VFTs, some Drosera and some Neps outside seasonally. Its not going to make or break my collection but id lose my sh*t if i could get the Sarrs i got before as a kid back

(got em from lowes home improvement in like 2013)

If it was easy to get a basic rubra ssp. rubra from lowes i dont understand why its so hard to get the same plant online 10 years later but here we are (or rather I am)

rip

again the picture for reference:
Code: Select all
https://www.sarracenia.com/photos/sarracenia/sarrarubr1004.jpg
these look exactly like the ones i had as a kid. This picture was from a old website that had a species and subspecies list of Sarrs and this picture was entitled "Sarraceia rubra ssp. rubra". The other variants have larger lids, upturned lids, or different coloration
By Joe Schmoe
Ordered a generic rubra from carnivorous plant nursery and fingers crossed its something similar to what i want
Hi from FNQ.

Welcome to the forum!

Hi from MD!

Welcome to the forum!

Input on Neps placement

That sounds perfect. I've got to adjust my plants […]

While what is said above is true, I have a mini […]

Follow-up to my experiment done last fall. The […]

andynorth's Grow/want list

Not the actual plant. Just a pic of what Matt has.[…]

please and thank you :D

Trying My Hand With TC

Sweet. I will check them out.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!