FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Sky924
Hey peoples ,,here are more pics of my B52's i got from matt that as per our agreement he shipped them to me dormant. I also added a pic in of a lowes resuce that i suspect might be a low giant. I do have a low giant but she is very young, But this lowes thing looks a LOT like it. I know there is no way to confirm this without genetic testing. Matt it would be nice if there were a Lab where we could send tissue samples to for genetic confirmation of our plants. I also have some lowes death cubes I call "long tall sally's" Growing tall stems that are red in color. I will post picks when they open up. In B52 pic 4,, you can see the "long tall sally'"in the background
Lighting 2 65 watt, 67 k power compacts
photo period has been extended to 18 hrs.
Pics taken with droid hero phone 5.0 meg cam.
Enjoy the pics people and as usual any comments negative or positive are more than welcomed.
end note this weekend it will be 80 and sunny, the babies are going to be put outside in full sun to "hunt"
Attachments:
suspected low giant frm lowes, Well out of domancy
suspected low giant frm lowes, Well out of domancy
lowes rescue.jpg (257.22 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
b52 5.jpg
b52 5.jpg (64.55 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
b52 4.jpg
b52 4.jpg (89.64 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
b52 3.jpg
b52 3.jpg (122.09 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
b52 2.jpg
b52 2.jpg (122.09 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
B52 1.jpg
B52 1.jpg (97.16 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
Sky924 liked this
By HarrisAz
seems that the light works for it!
nice plants and thanks for sharing the type of light used by you ;)
your VFT has a good mild red coloration in its mouth there!

im goin to try that type of light for some of my plants soon!

Thanks!
By Sky924
Thanks Harris,, I try to provide details on lighting and method of photographing , so others have an idea of how I am growing them. But dont be too fast to switch to my lighting system LOL. I saw a post from DT who is using the LED pnl 45,, and the plants look great!! robust and awesome growth! Not to mention the savings on the "lectric bill"
By Sky924
they are a work in progress,, thanks for the comment Jht
By dantt99
They look awesome!
Sky924 wrote:I also added a pic in of a lowes resuce that i suspect might be a low giant.
Although it may be a cultivar, I wouldn't call it that because that's where the flaw in the system is. You can call it that, and then reproduce it, and then call the plants from it Low Giants when the possibility they are is very small...
By DTDream18
Man Sky those B52's are awesome. I just ordered two mature B52's from Matt and Steve this morning and if they end up looking anything like yours I'll be thrilled. Beautiful plants ... Well done !
By Steve_D
DTDream18 wrote:I just ordered two mature B52's from Matt and Steve this morning and if they end up looking anything like yours I'll be thrilled.
I think you'll be happy with them. But you know, that (the uncertainty about customers' reactions) is what keeps Matt and me on our toes. :)

Most customers are happy, but there is always the possibility that they will be unhappy. That causes two effects: it makes us try harder to ship good plants and please customers; and sometimes it feels like it might cause ulcers. But one out of two ain't bad. I'm of course exaggerating a little just for fun. :D

Actually, Matt and I both love Venus Flytraps in particular, and the plants seem to know it because they grow pretty well for us; so we think they'll grow well for everyone else too. :mrgreen: I think that the B52's I just shipped to you from "Flytrap Store South" here in New Mexico ("Flytrap Store North" is at Matt's place in Oregon) look pretty good (I always try to pick the best of the bunch to fill orders, on a first-come, first served basis), but if you do find yourself unhappy for some reason, be sure to let us know. The B52's will probably arrive Monday (in 2 days) or possibly Tuesday.
By Sky924
Well steve i dont think you have to worry about bad reviews, You guys give great info, awesome customer support, and unlike a lot of vendors you guys are in it for the love of the hobby. Nothing wrong with making a profit too!! "It takes a genius to get paid for that which he loves doing for free" I have been more than satisfied with my purchase. That is why anytime i post pics i make sure to let anyone know where i got these babies from.
And if you ask me anyone that was not happy should contact you guys first in private for resolution, before just trying to flame yall in a post in any forum.
Sky924, Sky924 liked this
By HarrisAz
Sky924 wrote:Thanks Harris,, I try to provide details on lighting and method of photographing , so others have an idea of how I am growing them. But dont be too fast to switch to my lighting system LOL. I saw a post from DT who is using the LED pnl 45,, and the plants look great!! robust and awesome growth! Not to mention the savings on the "lectric bill"
planning on jumping to LEDs but thinking of the bill and i dont understand much on hw to use LEDs,hw it works,where to find it etc,etc :)

anyways ,im jumping to your light setup hahahhahahaha :D
By Sky924
cool man, If you go that way, here are the details on my lighting, It is an aqua-light power compact system,, two 65 wt 67 K lamps. I About 5 to 6 inches from top of pot. 18 hrs photo period. Temp hovers around 85 to 91 degrees, Humidity is 60% with spikes to 80 when i mist them. Watering every 5 days top down with cheap walmart distilled water. Feeding is done with letting them outside on weekends for real sun sat and sun. The rest of the time they "reside" indoors with me. I have my babies in pots in an old 20 gal aquarium. I use to use the aqua light when i had salt water fish and corals. too much maintenance!! LOL,, But if you need info on LED go to the forum here on artificial/LED lighting,,there is a great thread there on, ideas, products and progress. I am seriously thinking about moving to LED's. The start up cost might be steep But the savings in power bills cant be beat.
I have no complaints on my lighting : But my missy she watches the power bills LOL. If going LED ngive me great growth and cut the power bill I am all for it!
Last edited by Sky924 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Steve_D
Sky924 wrote:The start up cost might be steep But the savings in power bills cant be beat.
Right. I'm very satisfied with the 2 brands of LED growlights I currently use. I would recommend the Sunshine-Systems GlowPanel 45 growlights because they are much cheaper and seem to work as well as the other brand (LED Grow-Master LGM540 lights).

Sunshine-Systems GlowPanel 45
http://shop.sunshine-systems.com/produc ... oductId=10
By Sky924
Wow Steve!! since i have my babies in a 20 gal tank the size of the growth pnl 45 is perfect for my set up. I do understand that the plants will not look good visually under that lighting But the growth is awesome. I can relish in my babies looks when I take them out doors on the weekends to hunt and sun.
By victor
VERY nice plants!
Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

Two issues. The only filiformis var Floridana we h[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!