FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By carnivorous1123
soa couple months ago i pulled off a couple of leaves from a ceph of mine and in the past week noticed a root and the mini ceph onit just wanted to share my success!!!
ceph success..jpg
ceph success..jpg (58.57 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
ceph success2.jpg
ceph success2.jpg (51.11 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
well if you wanted to know what i did,
step 1, i pulled non carnivorous leaves off of my plant and there was a bit of white at the bottom which increases the success as i beleive this is the crown or rhizome.
step 2, place the white part under the desired medium me i used 3 parts perlite 1 part peat.
step 3, i placed mine ina terrarium %60-%80 Humidity all the time and 15-24*c all the time (from what i know if you dont have a terrarium, you should put in a sealed bag in a place where there is no direct sunlight or under Fluorescent lamps.
step 4, wait/wait/wait/water/wait/wait....SUCCESS!!!
Its what i did!!! oh and also its best to do this in spring when the plants are waking up from the dormancy as it reduces stress to the plant.

Liam.
By HarrisAz
wow what a strike!

i heard ppl having hard time having strikes on cephalotus through leaf pullings..thanks for sharing your recipes haha :)

harris
Hello from the California!

Welcome!

1 year old cape!

Wow! I wonder if you've found a plant with giganti[…]

And the winner of the run-off is: https://i.imgur[…]

And we have a winner! Congratulations @optique

It is a definite maybe. I've had some rhizomes tha[…]

Just a short comment on the tent. Would Jade be a[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1664. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!