FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By cbennett4041
I just received my first ever order of acephate 75 SP. Its a generic listed for fire ant control, but its the right stuff, I'm sure. I was psyched to get it in the mail, but not so excited when I opened the shipping box. It smelled BAD when I opened it! Like funky trash. Well, I finally opened up the canister yesterday to mix up a bottle and MAN, did it STINK! Funky trash? More like three week old trash! GAG!

I went ahead and used it, but is this stuff supposed to smell that bad? I resealed the can and put it in a zip loc bag, but my garage still stunk. I've since put it in a little styrofoam cooler one might receive perishable medicine in. Hopefully that dissipates the smell...

What's your experience?
By Matt
cbennett4041 wrote:I went ahead and used it, but is this stuff supposed to smell that bad?
Yep, it's STANKY!
cbennett4041 wrote:What's your experience?
When I received my first container of it, I placed it right inside the front door for a couple of days. It was still in the box it was shipped in, sealed inside a plastic bag. Yet, every time I went out the front door, I was wondering why it smelled so bad right there. I was getting whiffs of the Acephate through the sealed plastic bag, through the box and about 2 feet from the front door! Stinky stuff!
By Steve_D
Yes, acephate stinks (it reminds me of rotten sauerkraut, if that is even possible), but it sure works great! :)

In general, they like to be kept very moist to v[…]

Nepenthes pictures!

Nep Photos! N. Sanguinea, N. Vivid Machine, Nepent[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

I have also noticed that feeding speeds things up,[…]

bog garden

you could go to Lowe's instead and get BetterGr[…]

What's Up

The owner of this forum and our gracious overseer […]

Should I just leave them be?

I have these Bohemian Garnet's and a yet to be id'[…]

U. bisquamata

Wow!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!