FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By cbennett4041
So I told myself no more flytraps. But then, Lowe's had a large death cube for half price. So what's another one, right?

One?! There were six in there. Good day for sure. Crammed in there pretty tight, they were. Unfortunately, they were looking pretty sad. I'll get some pictures up when my camera shows up again... :S

The poor guys were hurting for light pretty bad. All stringy and stretched out, deformed traps. Roots/rhizome looked good, so hopefully they'll come out of it!
By alabama
cbennett4041 wrote:So I told myself no more flytraps. But then, Lowe's had a large death cube for half price. So what's another one, right?

One?! There were six in there. Good day for sure. Crammed in there pretty tight, they were. Unfortunately, they were looking pretty sad. I'll get some pictures up when my camera shows up again... :S

The poor guys were hurting for light pretty bad. All stringy and stretched out, deformed traps. Roots/rhizome looked good, so hopefully they'll come out of it!
haahahaha! SCORE!!!! nice find there thats a real score 6 for 1 and half price?
By cbennett4041
That's what I thought! SCORE! Some of the LFS in the cube looked to be getting some green back to it as well... so maybe I can get a colony of sphag out of the setup. I've got the best looking pieces of sphagnum in the new pot with the traps.
By Hayden
Wow, I wish we had 6 for one! I may try a garden centre, see if they start to go dormant and they dont want them anymore.
By cbennett4041
That's how I got these, they were going dormant and they thought they were dying. They weren't in the best shape because of the lack of light, but I believe that is what spurred their dormancy.

If I buy anymore deathcubes I'm going with the larger ones. I thought they were just older plants, but it seems you get several more plants for a little more money. Experience may vary.
By dmagnan
I got 4 from the little container I bought at my grocery store, and I'm reasonably sure there were 2 other pots there that had even more than that. They must really pump them up with growth chemicals, two weeks after separating and repotting those 4 even the babies have barely lost any leaves. Congrats on the find man!

You can also buy the Gubler's LFSM at Lowe's, on[…]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!