FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Drosera
3 weeks ago i use sealed jar method to germinate my seeds ( i put the jar in a dark place ). today i check it, and im very suprise because i got 90% germination ! but... look at this :

i think that the seeds germinated in the 2nd week and they didnt got sunlight.

what i must do now? grow it or throw it away? it is still possible to be a normal vft ? :(
Last edited by Drosera on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Myhumminbird
I'm not one of the guys who knows everything, BUT, I would be thrilled to get 90% germination, and would just move them slowly to where they get light. Then they should stop reaching for it. I wouldn't throw them away, I would think that after they start receiving normal conditions, they will look better. YEAH for germination!!!!!
Last edited by Myhumminbird on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myhumminbird liked this
By Drosera
HarrisAz wrote:the image dont work.use another image program.
i'm sorry, i already fix that link

please help meeeeeeeeee
By HarrisAz
like Jaws said,give it sun step by step.use a cloth to gradually introduce it to sun.filtered sun first then full sun.i think it grows long bcoz of lack of light.just like we learn science when in kindergarden.plants response to sunlight
By Alan
that is normal for the plant, the plant thinks that it's buried deep in the ground so the seedling will grow very high/long and pale to look for light. however, when plants do this, they use a lot of their starch reserves so they are a little weak. so just ease it into light. :)

btw we would see a lot of this happening in a an apocalyptic situation where the sun is blocked by dust. just a heads up :|
Nepenthes pictures!

Nep Photos! N. Sanguinea, N. Vivid Machine, Nepent[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

I have also noticed that feeding speeds things up,[…]

In general, they like to be kept very moist to ver[…]

bog garden

you could go to Lowe's instead and get BetterGr[…]

What's Up

The owner of this forum and our gracious overseer […]

Should I just leave them be?

I have these Bohemian Garnet's and a yet to be id'[…]

U. bisquamata

Wow!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!