FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By JenCooper
I recently bought a Nepenthes Miranda and a Nepenthes Lady luck from a seller on Etsy but I didn't realize that they were going to be shipped without sphagnum moss around their roots. I figured I could wait to get the sphagnum for their pots. Then when they arrived, because they didn't come with the moss I just temporarily plopped them in carni mix. What are some good recommendations for where I can get cheap sphagnum moss?
By cpgrower126
Oh, and while you are at Lowe's maybe pick up some death cube cp's over there as well. They sometimes have nepenthes and sarracenia in stock, but usually have flytraps.
By andynorth
Do not buy. I have used and it turns a weird green color and is smelly. Links provided are to what comes highly recommended. Lowes carries both. The Orchid moss is a little more expensive and contains a little less but it is much cleaner and you will be happy with it. Several users here have found it to be beneficial. There is also a brand known as Black Gold but I have yet to locate any.

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Bulb-Better- ... 141&sr=8-5

https://www.lowes.com/pd/BETTER-GRO-Orc ... x/50284907
By MikeB
At Lowe's: Better-Gro Premium Grade Orchid Moss, $6 a bag. I've been using it for years.
Panman, Gary liked this

Thanks for the response. So could I just separate […]

Using a TDS meter to measure the rinse-through w[…]

I used the Aqualife RO Buddie for years until I […]

Time for a repot?

Believe it or not, here in Newfoundland, Canada it[…]

Hello!

Welcome! As the cause for a friend of mine's new p[…]

Spider Mites?

I found this on one of my VFTs, and have not seen […]

Me? I probably don't, just a spidermite issue, b[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!