FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Geeklet
The good folks on the Carnivorous Plant Community on FB pointed me this direction when I asked about good places to find seeds, and I am delighted to be here!

I've been interested in keeping plants for most of my life, and have had a few drosera sp. that I have adored -- cute, easy to propagate, keeps the gnats down. It's an easy sell!

Following in my footsteps is my 5 year old neurospicy son, Asher. He's grown up with my jungle, and has had an interest in carnivorous plants for the last year+. We have hit a point where he gets excited over carnivorous plant themed cartoons and YT videos, and he babies his VFT. I've let him propagate a few leaves from my plants, but he is interested in more than my humble collection can provide. We are here to learn more about what species are out there, making balanced, naturalistic terrariums, and finding new species to work with.

I'm so pleased to find and meet you guys!
stephenboss2000 liked this
By Shadowtski
Welcome to the Forum.
I hope you and your son enjoy the seed bank.
Here is a little tip... You can order seeds once a month so on the last day of the month make a seed bank request like Shadowtski requests D. capensis "Typical" and D. finlaysoniana May Bonus.
Then on the first day of the next month, post Shadowtski requests D. burmannii and D. darnifiknow June Bonus.
Send in one Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope, (SASE for short), and our wonderful seed bank director, Chef Dean will stuff all those seeds in your one envelope.
Make sure your name and request number are written down somewhere in the envelope.
Don't forget to Pay It Forward sometime in the future when your plants produce seeds.
Good Growing,
Mike
andynorth, Geeklet liked this
By andynorth
Welcome. And to add a note to what @Shadowtski said, be sure to put reminders in your calendar. I made the mistake of doing this and missed out on some seeds that were gone the following month before I was able to ask for. Great program and many thanks go out to our host.
Last edited by andynorth on Sat May 25, 2024 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geeklet liked this
By wcrosman
Welcome. Lots of knowledge here. Good people.
Geeklet liked this
By Geeklet
Panman wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:28 pm Welcome to the forum! I'm the one who pointed you here.
Definitely appreciated! ^_^
By Geeklet
Excellent advice, shadowtski and andynorth. Thanks for the tips ^_^
Time for a repot?

These flytraps have been living in these pots for […]

Hello!

Welcome.

Me? I probably don't, just a spidermite issue, b[…]

RO water for Carnivorous Plants

I already have zero water pitchers. I have over[…]

SASE received from ???

I have received a SASE from a South Carolina addre[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1715. I'll PM[…]

Seeds received, thanks to you and the donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!