FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
Interesting...I posted a reply with some details about a light you had posted about, then you apparently changed the link or deleted and replaced that post, and for some reason my message was not posted. All of these would have to be grouped side-by-side to equal the light output of the panel light that MikeB pointed out to you. I'm pretty confident that the $50 FECiDA light would be better quality. But, it's your call.
By Cheesy_sandwhich_45
I changed my mind about that light I posted about. I just wanted the t8 because it has similar specs to a yes com if not better. Look at the description and images. I only saw like 200 something nearly touching the yes com 225. But apparently the t8 has 200+ from 8 inches away which is perfect for everything and that's for 1 in the 4 pack. And this brand seems more reputable. And I also wanted a better quantity. In my opinion I like the t8s. I didn't ignore your or mikebs reccomendations I just looked through many lights and I liked the t8s the most. And I like how you can link the t8s together to have 4 together or 1 alone.
MikeB liked this
By MikeB
Let us know how it works out. It's good to have options for indoor lighting.
By Cheesy_sandwhich_45
So... The results are in! So for 3 of the t8s(half the pack) its 140ish umols for 14in. And for 6 it's in the high 200s . Worth it if not: worth very much. I'm honestly scared it'll burn my neps though. So I think ill use 1 separate for neps. And the three for plants that like more light like Venus fly traps and sarracenia. Do you guys think that 150ish umols will be okay for sundew seeds?

Edit:they are 70$ now but still not bad.
By andynorth
8spidersayear wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:25 pm
andynorth wrote:
always found this listing weird because it has MPN: VIPARSPECTRA XS1500 Pro but looks nothing like that light.
I think Vipar has several along those lines. I found the one in the pic that looks to be the same except the eBay one does not have the name on it. I hear you though, don't like shady listings.
Attachments:
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg (105.1 KiB) Viewed 165 times

I decided to go with Cook’s as he had all of[…]

Zerowater pitcher. For cheaper than distilled wat[…]

however the same happens with sarracenia, if the[…]

I don't know what you have available but once you […]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae ar[…]

Finally

Those are beautiful! I’m wondering what ki[…]

I just want to confirm that this has been sent as […]

Thanks for the help! I've contacted someone you me[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!