FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sp0nser
Hello.

I recently introduced 59-61 degree nights to my highland nepenthes immediately about 3 days ago. I just read that this immediate change can cause shock to the plants, even if this is their preferred temperature. I originally had them in a constant 70 day round (I know, terrible for nepenthes in general) and now that I have gotten a way to privide to them the cool nights they need, I got a little eager.

What do I do now? Do I keep going or do I back out and give them back the temperature they were originally in? Would they eventually acclimate if I kept giving them the cool nights I immediately introduced?

Thanks.
By BumpyEvergreen
If you have a way to control temperature, I would decrease it by 5° every week or 2 weeks until you get to the point that you. I actually ended up burning a lot of my plants by introducing ventricosin ventrath cuttings to my highland mini fridge that goes from 85 to 55 at night and their leaves all browned. So unless that's happening I wouldn't worry about it. But if it is, I would set nighttime temperature to 65.

A few additional things I use: a turkey baster (to[…]

I recommend both Lee's Botanical Gardens and Flytr[…]

I don't know what you have available but once you […]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae ar[…]

Finally

Those are beautiful! I’m wondering what ki[…]

I just want to confirm that this has been sent as […]

Agreed, no plant seed cross will ever breed tue du[…]

Thanks for the help! I've contacted someone you me[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!