FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By cpgrower126
Hello,
I recently came across some nepenthes as well as some other carnivorous plants in a local nursery near my area. I purchased the healthiest one (tried to get a discount since they were in very rough shape, but was told they arrived the same day, I was very surprised, as many with no pitchers). However, I was running out of space in my indoor setup under artificial lights for the nepenthes. Would I be able to grow them outdoors? I live in California, Hardiness Zone 9b. If it helps, I believe the nepenthes is N. 'Miranda'. There was one pitcher left, with a red peristome, and the classic miranda speckles.

Thanks!
By optique
If you got them locally they will be the tougher variants. They should be fine as long as the nights time temps stay above 50F. (Miranda likes a lot of shade in the heat)

I even built a shade table for mine.
By cpgrower126
I’m going to move my Nepenthes outside after the temps are above 50 degrees, but I’m wondering how much humidity it will need outdoors. My other neps are on a windowsill or in a fish tank under growlights. Do I need to acclimate it to outdoors?
Trying My Hand With TC

Sweet. I will check them out.

Certainly. I used to live in Springwood, middle bl[…]

Hi from FNQ.

I've been keeping all types of CP's for most of th[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Hi from MD!

Hi, I’ve grown vfts on and off since the 198[…]

Thanks

Cultivar: Fractal Teeth

Just putting a 'bump' on this post so it doesn't g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!