FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
Order received.
Your order number is 1615.
I'll PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you for your order.

Reminder to all:
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Remembering these things helps me fill orders quicker.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Chef
By ChefDean
They're all tropical or subtropical, mostly different spats. Others are rosetted varieties, one hybrid, one Cape, and one is a subtropical version of a temperate. No stratification needed for any of them.
By Cheesy_sandwhich_45
ChefDean wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:03 am They're all tropical or subtropical, mostly different spats. Others are rosetted varieties, one hybrid, one Cape, and one is a subtropical version of a temperate. No stratification needed for any of them.
Do you know the actual names for them?
By ChefDean
The possibilities are listed here post429098.html#p429098
You'll get many, you may get all, it's up to you to ID them if you want.
By evenwind
No stratification for anything in the mix. You wouldn't be able to separate out any seeds that needed strat anyhow.
By ChefDean
Cheesy_sandwhich_45 wrote:But I thought that there are no subtropical threadleafs?
Threadleaf sundews are still technically temperate, and a stratification can be beneficial. However, these varieties have evolved in a subtropical environment, and are able to germinate without a strat.
Cheesy_sandwhich_45 wrote:And dreamsicle still needs it is what I read online. I just don't want them to not germinate.
I can't believe an old guy has to say this, but don't believe everything you read online.
Dreamsicle is a genetic cultivar, you cannot grow it from seed, only by vegetative propagation. If anyone sells you pure Dreamsicle seeds, they're lying to you. They should be labeled as Dreamsicle OP, like the seeds we have listed in the seed bank.
As explained in the link you were sent, and you acknowledged, they don't need strat. Being from a subtropical environment, were they to need stratification, they would not have survived to be with us here today.
Stratify them if you want, you may get a slightly higher germination rate, but you'll likely just be wasting time that these could be spending out in the sun and trying to grow.
andynorth liked this

From my personal experience, I would not order fro[…]

Infact I just went to check on them and it looks l[…]

recently split a flytrap and the smaller one I got[…]

Rain

A little kids' wading pool works well, too. It has[…]

Sundew in forest

Bugs are the foundation of the ecosystem. Killin[…]

S. purpurea?

Looks like a hybrid to me, purpurea crossed with f[…]

Okay, thanks for the tip. I don't want to fully re[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!