FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By moof
During last summer I was searching for sundews in their natural environment. Here's a short photorelation on another of my trips, hope you'll like it:)

Again, I choosed the Beskid Wyspowy mountains to hike. Their name is related to the island-like shape of the heights.

They are abundant in wet meadows, which are a good habitat for many plants inluding CPs, and amphibians:

One of the largest bogs in the area is the one located on a height called Lopien (in english, it will be something like "Whopeenee" :) )

It's a beautufil place, but hard to reach. It's hidden in the woods, in quite a distance from the touristic trails. If you don't know were exactly it is, you propably won't reach it.

Sphagnum moss on the ground

The bog grew up to it's name. It's a very wet place, and I think the best choice is to jump off your shoes when walking there, so I choosed a hot, beautiful summer day to visit it.

And finally, some shots of the Drosera rotundifolia:

The photos are a bit dark, beacause it was a really sunny day
moof liked this
By dionaea muscipula
whats the difference from the D. rotundifolia and the Drosera madagascariensis (Botswana)?? they look the same to me. awesome photos man!
By moof
They're actually very different sundews, the D. rotundifolia is a sundew that requires dormancy, it lives in places colder than botswana. The firs one forms a ground rosette, the second one forms a tall stem with leaves.
By dionaea muscipula
moof wrote:They're actually very different sundews, the D. rotundifolia is a sundew that requires dormancy, it lives in places colder than botswana. The firs one forms a ground rosette, the second one forms a tall stem with leaves.
oh i didn't know that. awesome! thanks moof!
Traps curling after closing/eating

Hi! My name is Erika, and I’m a newbie when […]

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!